Worn In Perfection ft. The Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colors



One of my newest and favorite discoveries is the Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colors. While I like a full opaque lip color, I'm also really into the worn / lived in lipstick look as well. When this new formula was released, I was so excited and immediately went to swatch every single color. I really had to hold myself back from buying all of my favorites. Bobbi Brown describes the Crushed Lip Colors as the ultimate swipe and go formula with the feel of a balm and I got to say - I agree wholeheartedly! The full sized lip stick contains 3.4 grams / 0.12 ounces of product and retails for $29 from the below websites -

I originally thought that these would be really sheer, but they're actually pretty pigmented but there's a translucent quality to them that lets a bit of natural lip color to peek through. Almost like a very pigmented lip balm.

My favorite part of the formula is the finish. It has a blotted down / lived in look no matter how much I apply. Well, it does get more shiny the more I apply it but that's just like any balm like product. I tend to blot down a lot of my lipsticks or push the color into my lips for the same effect and now I just have to swipe a couple times and go.


Watermelon



Ruby

Babe

One of the downsides of starting out with a blotted look is that it does fade relatively quickly compared to an actual blotted down look. When I do blot down / push in more pigmented lip products into my lips, that added step does make it almost stain my lips for a longer lasting look. It's not a huge con for me since it's quickly and easy to reapply.

Unlike an actual blotted down or stained lip look, the Crushed Lip Colors feel so moisturizing and doesn't settle into or emphasize my lip lines. Even though the formula is more emollient, it doesn't feather or slip around on my lips.


Unsurprisingly, Ruby is my favorite out of the three shades since I'm a massive fan of reds. I was pretty surprised at how much I loved Babe though. It's such a perfect pink on me and it's not too bright either. Watermelon is definitely a statement shade that I'll probably wear as the focus of my look and it's gorgeous! Slightly out of my comfort zone, but I love the color. 


Honestly, this line is already a total hit with me and I can't wait to pick up more!

Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried them before? What's your favorite balm like lipstick for when your lips are feeling dry?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment