What's In My Travel Makeup Bag!


For Thanksgiving, I'll be out of town for about a week and so I'm trying to make sure that I bring enough makeup for most occasions but I'm also trying not to bring my whole collection. I'm planning this post ahead of time and so there's probably a 80% chance that I'll bring more things than what I've listed.

My absolute must have favorites for every occasion are unsurprising - Glossier Stretch Concealer in Medium and Boy Brow in Brown, Pony Sharping Brown Definer, and Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Angel Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. If you follow my Instagram page, I post a lot of eye looks and these four products are in almost all of them. Since I do mention these products a lot, I'm not going to expand on them in this post since it's already a super long one.

I also use the Glossier products so much that I was invited to be a Glossier Rep (smooooooth transition, Hao). If you would like to support me by using my affiliate rep link, please click here! You can get 20% off your first purchase as well as free shipping with orders including 2 or more products. 


I'm actually going to a colder climate compared to Southern California... or you know... anywhere outside of Southern California. Because of that, I'm planning on mostly bringing cream or liquid products to maintain a nice dewy look to my face.  One of my favorite foundations is the Maybelline Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation in Warm Nude and I'm definitely going to bring it with me. It doesn't require a extra brush or sponge to be used with it and the puff isn't too bad. It also gives me pretty decent coverage without emphasizing the dry and textured parts of my face. I'm not planning on going to any big parties either and so this foundation is absolute perfect for my trip's needs.

To help prime my face, I decided to bring the A'Pieu No Poreblem Cover Stick. It's super tiny compared to other primers I have in my collection. I don't know if it does help prolong my foundation, but I do notice a smoother appearance. To set my face, I'll be bringing the Holika Holika x Gudetama Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Powder since it creates such a nice smooth surface. I also like to use it to dust a thin layer over my eye lids. When I don't do this, eyeshadows tend to skip and crease a lot more.


A base/highlight that I love to use is the 3CE Back To Baby Glow Beam in White. It adds such a gorgeous dewy affect to my face that I haven't been able to find in other base products. Cold air also makes my face feel drier and look tight, but the Glow Beam kind of counteracts that look to make my face look more voluminous and bouncy. For the highlight, I'm going to bring the Pony Effect Arti-Stick Highlighter in Before Sunrise. I usually like using Dream-Like but I'm planning on mostly sticking with variations of warm bronzey looks and so the gold undertones in Before Sunrise will be perfect.

To go along with the overall bronzed look, I'm bringing a mini version of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant and a deluxe mini size of the Benefit Hoola Cream-to-Powder Quickie Contour Stick. Although both bronzing products are on the light side, they're great for adding warmth and a touch of glow to my face.


For the eyes, I'll be bringing the Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze since it can be worn alone as a beautiful one color wash or as a base with a deeper eyeshadow to be a dramatic smokey eye. Another cream eyeshadow stick that I'll be taking is the Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Chocolate and it's a matte dark brown shade. I can use it as a smokey base but also as a liner on my lower lashline. It's slightly too creamy to use as an eyeliner on my eye lids though. 

The only powder shadow I'm bringing is the NARS Single Eyeshadow in Galapagos. I actually wanted this shadow for years, but it wasn't until a recent YouTube video from a Kpop Idol that convinced me to finally get it. It has a matte base and gold flecks and so it doesn't show up as metallic or shimmery when I wear it. Just in case I do want a metallic or glitter eye, I'm also packing the Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Eye Shadow Duo in Eldora. This product is so beautiful and perfect to use when I want that something extra. 


L to R -
3CE Back To Baby Glow Beam in White
Pony Effect Arti-Stick Highlighter in Before Sunrise
Benefit Hoola Cream-to-Powder Quickie Contour Stick
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant
NARS Single Eyeshadow in Galapagos
Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze
Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Eye Shadow Duo in Eldora
Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Chocolate


& here we are! At the end of this very long post.

I didn't include any lip products in this post, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stick to a tinted balm since I'll be too busy eating to worry about what's on my lips. 

What's in your travel makeup bag? What's your go-to makeup product?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment