Review & Swatches: MCC Accent Waterproof Eyeliner in Accent Black | #YSBEAUTYBOX17


Yesstyle recently reached out to me to see if I was interested in their Blogger Beauty Box and of course I said "Yes!" I received full sized products and some samples for free and was asked to review at least one of the products in the box. I tried out the full sized products, but I ended up choosing the MCC Accent Waterproof Eyeliner in Accent Black* to write the review on! Even though the other items were lovely, I just found myself really reaching for this eyeliner almost everyday. There is 0.35 grams of product and retails for $4.90 on the Yesstyle website here!



This isn't the blackest black shade I've seen, but it is very close after doing 2-3 strokes. It's about the same with the majority of black eyeliners I've tried though.

The eyeliner is more on the dryer side and so I prefer to use it on my waterline to give me subtle definition and an appearance of a thicker lash line. There's a built in sharpener and so that's always handy when the tip has become dull. Because of the dryer texture, I did need to use shorter strokes to create an even line since it would tug on my lids if I used long strokes.



I prefer a creamier eyeliner on my lids, but this liner could be used there as well to create a more standard eyeliner look. If I used shorter strokes with the eyeliner sharpened, it actually creates a pretty decent wing as well. 

For longevity, oh boooy did it last. Eyeliner always tends to smudge a bit on my lower lash line when I tight line my upper water line, but I didn't get that at all with this eyeliner. I did some see liner rub off on the area closest to my eye ball, but that's normal. It stuck on all day closer to the lash line and did not move until I double cleansed with oil cleaners. 

Final thoughts: This is not the best eye liner I've tried, but it's one of my favorites for the waterline. I'm amazed at how long it lasted and for the price, I will happily repurchase it. I rarely go through makeup, but I do go through eye liners pretty quickly since I like to tight line every day. I have small lid space and so tight lining works wonderfully to define my eyes. If you're looking for an affordable black eyeliner that lasts, I highly recommend this one.

*Yesstyle sent me this eye liner along with some other products in their "Sweet Spring Makeup Kit Beauty Box." I was not paid and all thoughts are my own. If you are interested in buying the Beauty Box, Yesstyle offers it here.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment