Collection Clear Out #3 ft. Empties & Toss Outs


As mentioned here and there, I'm trying to control my spending but I'm also trying to use up or throw out what I've collected but haven't used in awhile or don't enjoy anymore. As time has gone by, I've found better products or I've neglected some for so long that they've gone bad. I'm slowly but surely going to cut down a bit more so that it's just slightly above a normal amount of makeup!



A couple of years ago, I heard about the amazing Daiso Japan Natural Pack Charcoal Peel Off Mask. It took me awhile to find, but I immediately picked up two since I do love a good gunk removing product like pore strips. I know that they're not the best for my skin, but there is something satisfying about peeling those kind of products off and seeing what's left on the product. This mask is about $2 and it's amazing. I'm definitely planning on buying more if I see it in stores! This was actually my second tube of it as well and I'm still a fan. My skin never looked too irritated or red after using it either.

Memebox very kindly sent me the Bonvivant Botanical Pure Rose Toner* for free to review about a couple of months ago. My review of of it is here if you want to read more. Even with the first swipe, I knew I was going to enjoy this toner. I'm already on my second bottle of it and I purchased that myself! There's some oil in it but it doesn't leave an oily residue on my skin. If you have dry skin, I definitely recommend it!

The only mask I've finished recently is the Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask. It has almost a jam consistency to it with crushed bits of fruit as well. It felt and smelled amazing on my skin. My face also looked brighter after rinsing it off as well. I would like to repurchase this mask, but it's so expensive and I also have loads of other masks to go through as well.

The last skin care item is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. I bought this a couple of years ago and thought it would be good to try it again, but I'm still pretty meh about it. I really think it's the smell that brings me back in, but it doesn't do anything for me. About halfway through the bottle, I was just spraying extra on my face so that I could get through it faster. 

I forgot to include it in the picture above, but I did use up a mini of the Fresh Rose Sugar Lip Treatment. It's a touch bit too soft for me and so it's not a lip balm I would normally reach for. I'm also scared of it melting just by my own body heat when I bring it with me. It's nice, but I've found others that I would rather by.


And now... my guilt is starting to come in. Everything except the Glossier Boy Brow in Brown still has product. The Etude House eyeshadow at the bottom left is too sheer for me and while I am fine with sheer eyeshadows, I wasn't reaching for this that often and wanted to make room for other things with more unique colors instead. 

I bought a set of mini Club Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liners, but they've all pretty much dried out by now. They slightly tug on my waterline now too, but that's only because of how long I've kept them for. The color and formula on all of them are amazing, but it's time to let go. Honestly, I'm going to keep it shore and that's also the same reason I'm tossing the Korres Lip Balms. I like these balms more the Fresh Balm, but they're in tubes and probably really gross now that I've been dipping my fingers in them for over 2 years.

Speaking off gross, my tube of the Duo Dark Brush On Adhesive has gotten really weird. I also got a Dollywink Lash Glue in a recent No Make No Life box and so I decided it was time to toss the Duo Adhesive. I would also always accidentally drop my lashes on to my clothes and stain them with dark dots.... I can't live that dangerously anymore.

Lastly, I'm tossing out the Wet n Wild MegaGlo All-In-One Highlighting Stick in Carnational Anthem. I did love this in the beginning, but I just didn't reach for it that often. I would really sheer it out to be a more orangey highlighter, but it just wasn't worth it for me in the end to keep it. I've tried giving it away, but no one really wanted it either.

Phew. This was actually longer than I thought it would be. 

What have you used up recently? What have you tossed and why?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment