Review & Swatches: Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 020 and 044


Bite Beauty x Influenster very kindly sent me for free some products to try and test out! I'm going to be focusing on Bite Beauty's newest launch - The Lip Pencil in 020 and 044*! They also sent me two minis from their Amuse Bouche Line - Honeycomb and Whiskey - to pair up with The Lip Pencils. I used to think that lip pencils were kind of useless mostly because I didn't have that many problems with feathering or fading. Now that I'm experimenting with darker colors most of the time and apparently always experiencing dry and thus wrinkly uneven lips, I've really started to appreciate a good lip pencil. Each pencil contains 0.05 oz/ 1.4 grams of product and retails for $18. 



The Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 044* is described as a "rich mahogany" but I see a bit more red/maroon in it on me. It pairs so perfectly with Whiskey but I can also see it looking lovely under Nori and other dark / vampy shades as well. I do wear dark shades all year round, but I'm particularly excited to use this shade during autumn / winter. 


Bonus Picture - Whiskey on top of 044



The Bite Beauty The Lip Pencil in 020* is described as a "beige nude" and I personally feel like it's too light on my skin tone and gives me a bit of the early 2000s nude lip. I've gotten many compliments while wearing it though and so the weirdness I get from it is more of a "me" problem. I did have to slightly over line my lips a bit when I use this lip pencil though since it is lighter than my natural lip color to make everything blend a bit better. Again, more of a "me" problem but I wanted to point it out for those who have a similar skin tone as me.

Both pencils are on the creamy side compared to other lip pencils I've tried and that can be a hit or miss for some people. I have pretty dry lips and so any moisture I can get is very welcome. While I do like wearing the Amuse Bouche Lipsticks on top of The Lip Pencils, I like using more matte (read more drying) lipsticks so that the creamy base can balance with the dryer lipsticks. The Lip Pencils aren't too creamy though and so I wouldn't worry about them not doing their job. 

While being creamy, they are stiff enough to help line and define the lip line where needed. Like I mentioned, I could even over line my lips a little bit and it still looked great and natural. 

True to Bite Beauty's claim, these lip pencils are very pigmented and go on opaque super easily. They're pretty much lipsticks just by themselves with how pigmented they are. When I'm being lazy, I do just line and fill in my lips with lip pencils and these are great for that.

Final thoughts: Are these special? No. Are they good? 100% yes!! I've found many many lip pencils that I love and I don't find too many things different or particularly special with these Bite Beauty The Lip Pencils. If anything, I do like these are creamy without being mushy and thick on my lips though. I've tried some other lip pencils where they would be so mushy that a thick layer would just lay on my lips. I really enjoy Bite Beauty products and they're one of my favorite brands and so I personally will keep purchasing their Lip Pencils since I do like them and they agree with my dry lips. If you're on a budget, $18 is understandably a lot for a Lip Pencil and you can probably find similarly performing lip pencils at a lower price point.

Have you tried these lip pencils? How do you feel about lip pencils?

*As noted in the beginning of this post, these products were sent to me for free from Bite Beauty x Influenster. I was not obligated to a review, but doing a review did give me "points" for future beauty boxes. All thoughts are 100% my own honest opinions. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment