Review & Swatches: Chosungah22 24H Raybeam Cream in Shimmer Bronze | #Blogmas Day 5


White packaging and white backgrounds are the bane of my existence. I need to get more creative with my background and maybe get a black board... But that isn't what this post is about!

A few months ago, I bought the Chosungah22 24H Raybeam Cream in Pink Glow (review here) and fell in love with it and I still use it now all the time. When the Sephora sale came around, I decided to pick up Shimmer Bronze as well and that's what I'll be reviewing today! Like Pink Glow, Shimmer Bronze is a sheer shimmery cream that helps highlight the face in a natural and dewy way. Each pot contains 0.51 ounces / 14 grams of products and retails for $28.



Even though the packaging is a bit clunky, I really like it! It feels more hygienic since product gets pumped up through a small hole onto the top section. It also gives me a good amount of control of how much product I actually want to use.


When I initially swatched it, I was so worried that it would be too dark and pigmented. Surprisingly, it does blend out to be very sheer with the slightest hint of a bronzey sheen. Like Pink Glow, the shimmer is very fine as well and so even if you layer it, the shimmer isn't going to get too crazy. 



Because I liked Pink Glow, I had high expectations for Shimmer Bronze but it's not quite what I thought it would be. I wanted it to be more pigmented to give me a bronzey glow, but it has the same natural moisturizing sheen like Pink Glow. I'm pretty sure I'm having this lukewarm impression of the product because of my expectations going into buying this product. Honestly, it's as great as Pink Glow with a different tint. I was expecting it to be like a cream bronzer but it is more like a shimmery bronze tinted highlighter that is on the natural side. If that's what you're expecting, you're going to be happy.

With both Pink Glow and Shimmer Bronze, I do like to only put one thin layer on and that's perfect for me. You can put the cream all over your face, but my preferred way is to put it on my cheek bones / brow area in a C shape on top of my foundation. It adds an amazing glow to my dry skin that looks very natural. If you have oily skin, I would stay away from this product but it's a dry/dehydrated skin dream. Pink Glow has more of a white pale pink base and I can see that looking a bit chalky depending on your skin tone. If you're around my skin tone and darker, Shimmer Bronze may be better. 

I do want to emphasize that this product is a cream and it does somewhat leaves a face cream feeling on your face. It's part of the reason why that natural sheen stays on for so long. It's not sticky, but I do feel it and notice it throughout the day if I happen to touch my face. Even though it's winter and my dry skin is pretty much sucking up any moisture it can get, the dewy finish of this cream does last all day to give me a healthy glow. 

Final thoughts: Considering that I have both colors, I feel like most people will not need both. They're both pretty sheer enough that it mostly comes down to what color base do you want because of your skin tone. I have a light / light-medium skin tone and so both do work for me though, but I can see those with lighter skin tones liking Pink Glow more and those with darker skin tones liking Shimmer Bronze more. The cream isn't thick, but it is still a cream and it gives a glowy "justputonfacecream" natural finish and so I would only recommend it to those who have dry skin. If you have oily skin, I can see this being too much. 

Have you tried this product before? How do you feel about cream highlighters?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment