An Ode to Subtle Fresh Dewy Products | #Blogmas Day 8


This post is going to be a combo post for my love of natural dewy looks and subtle highlighters! I still love a good shiny highlighter that can be seen from space, but I work in an office and that's not always appropriate. The drier winter air has also not been kind to my already dry/dehydrated skin and so I've been doing what I can to put the dewyness back into my face.

Almost all of these products have been in constant rotation as well and so they've gotten pretty grubby. I did my best to clean things off, but they've definitely looked better. My skin type is normally dry but it does fluctuate depending on the weather. To hopefully make things easier, I'm going to give some recommendations based on skin types below!




Normal

Liquid highlighters are amazing for naturally dewy looks! They make your skin look moisturized while giving an extra something either with shimmer or color. I also like to mix liquid highlighters into my foundations to make them look even dewier. Honestly, I can see all of the above products working for every skin type though. 

 The Becca Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal probably has the most shimmer (or potential to be super shimmery) out of all of the products in this post. A close second in terms of shimmer is the Marc Jacobs Glow Stick in Spotlight. It has a drier texture compared to other cream highlighters I've tried as well and so it goes under and over powder products beautifully. 

 The Becca Backlight Priming Filter and the Pony Effect Strobing Luminizer* (review here) are two of my favorite base highlighting products to add some glow before my foundation. They both have a thin moisturizer like texture to them and so they glide on and sink in very easily. If you want a slightly more interesting, but still subtle liquid highlighter, the Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl (review here) is a good choice! It's mostly pinky but there's a warm gold shift to it as well. For just highlighting on the high points, the Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Highlighter (review here) really helps draw light to those areas. 



Dry

Even with dewy foundations, my skin pretty much sucks up moisture from that as well and so my face can look dull. The Missha BB Boomer is a pinky pearly primer that helps prolong the wear time of foundations and adds some glow and moisture to the skin. It's definitely more moisturizing and almost like an actual moisturizing compared to the Pony Effect Strobing Luminizer and Becca Backlight Primer Filter and that's why I feel like it's better for drier skin.

The Chosungah22 24H Raybeam Cream in Pink Glow (review here for Pink Glow and here for Shimmer Bronze) and Glossier Haloscope in Quartz look pretty similar to my skin but Pink Glow almost makes my skin look like I just applied some moisturizer. It's very dewy and glowy in a non-shimmery way. The effect from Quartz is also very subtle and that's saying something considering this post is all about subtle highlighters. If you think of a a finish of a lip balm, that's what Quartz reminds me of because of the core of the product but there's also a pearlescent glow to it as well.



Oily Skin

I would also say that these highlighters work well on any skin type, but I guess I would say I would recommend these more for those with oily skin. The Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight has been on my wishlist for months and now that I have it, I get the hype. There's no noticeable shimmer to it at all and it's pretty much just a glow to your face. A close dupe and one of my absolute favorite highlighters is the Pony Effect Mirage Highlighter in Lucid Dream*. The shimmer is also fine but if I get really close to both swatches, Lucid Dream is a bit more shimmery than the Laura Mercier highlighter.

If you want brightness, some oil control, and a bit of glow, the Eglips Glow Powder Compact is a good choice. There also isn't any noticeable shimmer and just adds some radiance to the skin. In the swatch it does look pink, but I layered it up so that it could be seen.

If you're more interested in liquid highlighters and have oily skin, I also found a good choice! The & Other Stories Bead Pink Radiance Cream is a watery liquid highlighter that actually dries down to a slightly powdery finish. Even when I first swatched it on my hand, I could tell that it was different from the other liquid highlighters. Personally, I don't really like this liquid highlighter as much but it's because the finish doesn't go well with my skin type. 

What kind of highlighters do you like? Do you change it up on the weather too?

*Memebox sent me the Pony Effect Strobing Luminizer and Mirage Highlighter in Lucid Dream for free to review and test out. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment