Stocking Up For (Minor Makeup) Emergencies


Being a beauty blogger, I do have a larger than normal makeup collection. It's not often I finish makeup products and it's even more rare when I buy backups just in case. I'm generally pretty good with limited edition products too since I've admitted to myself that I need to calm down. With that being said, I do keep backups of some staples that I know I would be in trouble if I run out!


The used and grubby versions currently open and in use

I tend to through out mascaras every three months and so I like to purchase 1-2 extras of my current favorites during sales. My current favorite is the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Angel Waterproof Mascara in Very Black and it's great at separating and adding length to my lashes. It actually reminds me of a discontinued favorite - the L'oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. Both mascaras have thin wands with short bristles, but the bristles on the wand for the Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara is on one side and has a slightly asymmetric scoop. 

The Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40 is something I want to always have in my collection. My skin is better now and so I've been favoring lighter and sheerer foundations, but I like that I have the option to boost up coverage whenever I want with my current favorite foundation. I'm almost done with my 2nd bottle and ended up winning the back up from a Cover FX giveaway on Instagram. 

I actually haven't used up a full pan of the Etude House Snow Dessert Ginger Cookie Blusher, but I love it so much that I knew I needed to get a back up. This is actually my first back up of a limited edition product and of something I haven't finished before. The glow it gives me is amazing and the pigmentation is perfect for a blush beginner like me. 

For awhile, I was constantly changing up my brow products and now I've found the one! The Pony Effect Sharping Brow Pencil in Deep Brown works perfectly with natural brow and hair color and I would even say that it's a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz in texture and formula. I used to have a problem with it staying on because my forehead gets oily, but it stays on all day now that it's not 90+ degrees anymore. 

Do you have any backups? What items do you must have in your collection no matter how big it grows? 

PS - The alternative title was Back it up, Gurrrrrrrrrl
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment