Favorites: October 2016!


Can you tell that I'm moving into fall/winter?

I feel like I wore a lot of different products in October, but only these six products popped out when I was thinking about my favorites. I do remember orange stuff too, but most of those products were already mentioned in favorites recently and I think I'm also just thinking about pumpkins.  


Like clockwork, my skin became even drier right when the weather started to get colder. I've started to again reach towards dewier foundations since they don't cling as much as my other soft matte or satin finish foundations. This month, I could not stop using the Missha M Magic Cushion in #27 Honey Beige. The patting motion and thin formula work so well with my skin issues and it has a buildable enough to give me a natural medium coverage. 

I also paired up the cushion foundation with the Glossier Stretch Concealer in Medium. My biggest con with this product is that I wish it had more coverage, but I adore the formula. I do see some slight creasing under my eyes, but everything creases on me now. I even almost wish this product was made into a foundation stick because it gives me the same dewy look with a similar buildable coverage like the cushion foundation. 

Another Glossier product I've been loving is their Generation G in Leo. It's a sheer, matte but moisturizing medium brown lipstick and it's been great as an everyday lip product. On my medium skin tone, this is a perfect nude brown shade but it might be too sheer for those who have pigmented lips. I also have Zip and both colors have been living in my bag ever since I've gotten them.


For lips, I've really started to gravitate towards the plush but not sticky NARS Velvet Lip Glides in Chez Claude and Unspeakable (review here). I like that they're pigmented but can be blotted/sheered down to have that velvet finish. They're more glossy than what I'm used to straight out of the tube though and so it took me awhile to get used to it compared to my normal matte lipsticks. For something that transfers, I am pleasantly surprised at how well the color stayed on and faded very evenly as the day went by. 

Lastly, I have another Etude House Play 101 Blending Pencil to profess my love to! #13 is a red burgundy brown with shimmer in it. There's a full review here with some other shades, but I'm honestly such a fan of these cream pencils. I've been wearing more reddish eyeshadows and so this product worked wonderfully as a base under those shadows. I also used it alone throughout the month when I wanted to be faster with my makeup in the mornings.


L to R - 
Missha M Magic Cushion in #27
Glossier Stretch Concealer in Medium & Generation G Lipstick in Leo
NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Chez Claude and Unspeakable
Etude House Play 101 Blending Pencil in #13

What'd you love during October? Have you tried any of these products?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment