Review & Demo: O-lens Hi-Del Silicone Hydrogel Lenses in Magic Grey



PinkIcon recently reached out to me and asked if I was interested in testing out colored lenses and as you can see, I said yes! It's been awhile since I've reviewed lenses and I also ran out of the grey daily lenses I sometimes wore. The lenses I will be reviewing in today's post are the O-lens Hi-Del Lenses Silicone Hydrogel in Magic Grey* and they last for approximately 6 months. You can buy these lenses on the PinkIcon website here for $64.




It was kind of hard to capture the grey bits in the lenses since they're so translucent and so I'm surprised at how much the color ended up showing up when I was wearing them. The outer ring is more on the brown side though and so it did blend it more with brown eyes. Most circle lenses have a black ring but I do like that these are brown instead so that the look is more natural.

Details - 
BC: 8.7
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Graphic Diameter: 13.7 mm
Water content: 40%




My limbal ring isn't super defined, but these colored lenses covered that up so well and so there wasn't a weird double limbal ring like how I sometimes see with light colored lenses. 

Taken with a ring light
In terms of color, these gray lenses look more blue compared to other gray lenses I've tried before. I'm actually quite happy with the pictures I took with the lenses because they are true to real life. My skin tone and white balance though... still a slight off.

Taken with natural light
As a person with very dry eyes and mostly only wears dailies, these lenses did feel slightly uncomfortable because of the thickness but it wasn't too bad. They're a bit thicker than the contacts I usually wear and so that threw me off, but they didn't make my eyes feel dry or irritated at all. If you have dry eyes, I definitely recommend getting Silicone Hydrogel lenses because they let more oxygen pass through them.

I didn't feel the lenses slip either, but that might be difference for those with different eye shapes. I don't know how to describe it, but I felt like these contacts adhered to my eyes pretty well but didn't make them feel stuck. By the end of the days, my contacts sometimes feel like they're suctioned onto my eyes but I didn't get the same feeling with the O-lens Hi-Del Lenses.

Final thoughts: I'm pretty happy with these lenses in terms of wear, but I'm not sure about the color since I wanted them to be more grey instead of blueish. That's my fault/preference though and so the O-lens Hi-Del Lenses in Magic Gray still get a thumbs up from me! If anything, I feel like the colors could've blended into my natural eye color better but it only bothers me in the close up shots. From normal distances, the colors blend pretty well. I don't know if I would buy these lenses again though since my eyes are very very dry that are also sensitive. The slightly thicker lens bothers me when I blink, but again - this is a personal preference but it's still something I want to point out of others have the same kind of dry and sensitive eyes I have. 

*PinkIcon kindly sent me these contact lenses for free for reviewing purposes but all opinions are 100% honest and my own. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment