Makeup Party: Teal-ing Pretty


Get it? Feeling Pretty? Teal-ing Pretty? :D

Anyway. I saw a gorgeous traditional black smokey eye look with black lips on Instagram... Attempted that and then it turned into a teal halo eye look with a teal ombre black look. I mostly wanted to use the Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Lumi everywhere on my face and I achieved that! I have it on my eyes, lips, and cheeks!

Because my contouring looked muddy last time, I also attempted to give it another try but this time with way too many products. I'm pretty proud of my contour and highlight but I wouldn't wear this much in real life because I spent way too much time trying to add and remove dimension from my face.



To really help carve out my cheek bone, I first used a cool toned cream contour stick and then set it with a light cool toned contour powder. I then basically layered different colored contour and bronzer powders with the darkest shade on a small dense brush to focus it right in the center of the contour. 


The true star of this look was the Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Lumi. I mixed it with the Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter glue to make it pop on my lids and just lightly patted it on the center of my lips and also on the cupid's bow. Lastly, I mixed Lumi in with a liquid highlighter to make it slightly duochrome-y and then spritzed my highlighting brush with MAC Fix Plus to bump up the shimmer on my cheek bones even more. It gave me a gorgeous teal glow everywhere and helped create a matching overall look. 

Too bad my camera didn't capture how Lumi looked in real life on my cheekbones because it looked more teal depending on where the light hit my face. I almost got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Glow Kit because of the unique highlighting shades, but Lumi totally just fixed that need.

I'm pretty sad that the color balance is off though. I actually tried editing it but then the color also then changed once I uploaded it. I'm so glad that I don't make videos because I would go crazy with editing.


Face
  • Becca Backlight Priming Filter
  • Makeup Forever Ultra HD Stick Foundation in 127=Y335
  • Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
  • Pony Effect Nice Shading Powder in Crony
  • NYX Cosmetics Gotcha Covered Concealer in Medium
  • Life's Entropy Particle Contour Stick in Neutron
  • Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy
  • Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Lumi
  • Clio Pro Artist Kill Cover Liquid Highlighter
  • Yves Saint Laurent Touche Elcat in #2 Luminous Ivory
Eyes

  • Dose Of Colors Hidden Treasure Palette (just the matte black shade)
  • Pony Effect Nice Shading Powder in Crony
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow in Venezia (the blue teal eyeshadow)
  • Lorac Eyeshadow in Unspoken (the matte neutral matte brown eyeshadow)
  • Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow in Lumi
  • Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue
  • Benefit Cosmetics Ready, Set, Brow!
  • Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer
  • Etude House Lash Perm Curl-Fix Mascara Long Lash
  • Pony Effect Sharping Brow Definer in Deep Brown
  • Generic flash lashes (strip and then some single lashes at the end for that flare)
I also used a black liquid lipstick, but I don't really want to show my support for the brand anymore so I didn't take pictures of it. 



L to R - 
Dose Of Colors Onyx
Anastasia Beverly Hills Venezia
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
Burberry Earthy 
Pony Effect Crony
Lorac Unspoken
Clio Liquid Highlighter
Life's Entropy Neutron
Sugarpilll Lumi

Overall, I am pretty happy with this look. I almost wish I smoked out my eyes even more but the black eyeliner I used as a base wasn't as blendable as I wanted it to be. I really need to get an actual black base like the NYX Jumbo Pencils so that I can do more looks like this!

Do you have any tips and/or tricks for using black? What's your favorite kind of edgy or dark look?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment