Favorites: July 2016!


I'm about two weeks late, but *excusesexcuses*. Anyway, my love of highlighters continue to grow and July was no exception. I'm starting to go towards more glowy instead of shimmery/metallic highlights and liquid/cream products have been great for that look. I'm also starting to dabble a bit more into blushes again.



The Marc Jacobs Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator in Spotlight may look like a fancy deodorant stick, but it's actually a white pale gold cream highlighter. Surprisingly, the white base of it isn't too stark against my medium skin tone. The pale gold shimmer is also pretty flattering and not too yellow on me as well. It's glowy and beautiful, but somehow also subtle at the same time.

Another subtle, but gorgeous highlighter is the Chosungah22 24H Raybeam Highlighter in Pink Glow. This product is described as a "correcting base cream" that can be used all over the face, but I've been focusing it on the cheekbones. My favorite thing about this product is that it gives me a "I just applied some moisturizer and that's why my face looks plump and healthy" look. 


L to R -
Marc Jacobs Spotlight
Chosungah22 Pink Glow
NARS Luster
Pony Effect Deep Brown

I've been wanting the NARS Blush in Luster for years ever since Estee Lalonde from Essiebutton mentioned it in a video. I normally don't wear blush and so I stayed away, but I finally gave in. The base is a very beautiful apricot coral color and there's a golden shift to it. I use the tiniest amount and it still gives me a beautiful, yet subtle, flushed look. 

I've sung praises over the Pony Effect Sharping Brow Definer before, but now I finally got the perfect color - Deep Brown! I used to have Natural Brown, but that was too warm for me. The color and formula are also pretty comparable to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown. I used to have a problem with Natural Brown fading near the edges, but I don't see that with Deep Brown at all. This brow pencil has definitely replaced my Brow Wiz and I'm pretty glad since it's about 10 dollars cheaper. 

What did you love during July? Have you tried any of these products before?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment