Review & Swatches: Viseart Theory Palette in Minx


I put off this review for so long but now I'm finally ready for it! My camera wasn't picking up the color well enough for the close up eye looks and so I did have to change up my review format though. 

The Viseart Theory Palettes contain 6 eyeshadows - 3 mattes and 3 shimmer - and the one I'll be reviewing is Minx! It's full of warm tones and so perfect for my medium (MAC NC35 / L'oreal & Maybelline Natural Beige) skin tone. Each pan contains 0.13 ounces of product (12 grams / 0.24 ounces total) and retails for $45.



The individual pans don't have names, but I'll be going numbering them from top to bottom starting from the mattes.

1 is a matte off white peach toned eyeshadow. It's pretty close to the color of my lids and so I usually use it as a base to help with blending or to neutralize unwanted colors. 

2 is a matte medium-dark warm toned brown eyeshadow. It's darker than the standard mid tone matte brown that's usually included in every neutral palette.

3 is a matte deep brown almost black eyeshadow. It's pretty close to theBalm's Sleek from their Nude 'Tude Eyeshadow palette but a bit lighter. 

4 is a shimmery peach toned champagne eyeshadow. Oddly, I don't have anything in my collection that is this color. It is a great color to just add to the center of my lids and it really brightens up my eyes. 

5 is a shimmery dark coppery orange eyeshadow. It reminds me of Sugarpill's Pumpkin Spice Pressed Eyeshadow, but not as vibrant (as in more wearable). 

6 is a shimmery warm toned plummy purple eyeshadow. I actually don't wear a lot of purples, but this one works pretty well with my warm skin tone. 


2 in the crease
4 on the center of my lids
5 in the inner and outer thirds of my lids


1 all over my lids and up to the brow bone
3 on the outer half of my lids
6 on the inner half of my lids

Honestly, all of the colors are pretty dupeable. There's nothing particularly special about the colors, but they are all colors I would normally wear and gravitate towards. If I were to restart my whole eyeshadow collection, this palette would definitely be one of the first ones I would rebuy. 

Overall, I feel like this palette has a darker tone than most neutral palettes I have seen but it does have less shadows than the standard Urban Decay Naked Palette. For me, I think it's perfect for my skin tone but it might look too dark for those who are fairer than I am. 


Since the colors are pretty dupeable, the texture is going to determine if it's "worth it" to most people. I think the shimmery shades are amazing using a brush or just your fingers but the mattes swatch kind of badly with just your fingers. I had to layer it on and it still seemed patchy. The mattes do look better when used with a brush though and they do blend out really nicely. Darker matte shades tend to look patchy, but #3 glided across my lids without any problems. 

The shimmery shades are one of the best formulas I have tried, but the mattes weren't too spectacular to me. I've had great experiences with Blackbird Cosmetics Pressed Matte Eyeshadows and also with the Lorac Pro Matte Eyeshadow palette and the only difference with the Viseart mattes is that they aren't as powdery. 

Other than that, all of the shadows lasted on my lids all day with or without eyeshadow primer. If I needed help with blending, a light layer of the lightest matte shade as a base fixed that right away. 

One of the best things about this palette to me is that all of the pans are removable. It's something super simple, but also something I love since it means I don't have to ruin the original packaging if I want to depot it. The palette is already compact and travel friendly, but you could also put it in a separate magnetic palette if you want to bring more shadows with you. 

Final thoughts: I really like and enjoy this palette and I can't recommend it enough to anyone who will listen.The pigmentation and texture are just amazing and I couldn't be happier. If this is in your budget, I would highly recommend at least checking it out. If you're into warm eyeshadow palettes, this would fit perfectly in your collection. The eyeshadows are soft and almost feel creamy, but they're not powdery and I don't see any fall out when I use them.

Do you have this palette or other Viseart products? 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment