Favorites: June 2016!


Another month, another monthly favorites. 

This month is a little bit weird for me because 3/4 of the products in my favorites were sent to me for free to review and I didn't use that many other new products enough to call them my favorites. I'm also playing with the idea of switching from monthly favorites to monthly reviews to include things I didn't like as well, but that's going to be for another month when I have more time. 

For the month of June, I was super busy and so I fell onto trusty favorites but also easy to wear new items I either bought or received. The Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-Talk Chiffon Lipstick in BE109* (review here) was the perfect nude lipstick that lived in my hand bag all month. It has an amazing texture and it was a nice break from the drying matte liquid lipsticks that are currently popular. 


L to R -
Etude House BE109
NARS Persia
Pony Effect Lucid Dream and Strobing Luminizer 

Another product I've been loving is the NARS Eyeshadow in Persia. It's something I've been wanting for almost a year due to a Samantha Ravndahl video. This is my first NARS eyeshadow from their regular line and I'm so impressed with it. It is so pigmented and easy to blend out, which makes me super happy since a lot of matte eyeshadows can be patchy. I was holding off from getting Persia for so long since I already had Blackbird Cosmetics Pressed Luxury Matte Eyeshadow in Fire Pledge (another favorite), but I just couldn't resist. 

If you've read my review on the Pony Effect Mirage Highlighter in Lucid Dream* (here) and Strobing Luminizer* (here), you might already know that I'm a massive fan of these products. I'm generally a hoarder collector of more pinky highlighters and so these products stand out even more in my collection. Lucid Dream is pretty subtle and it gives me the prettiest highlighted/strobing look. The Strobing Luminizer also works as a great base or liquid highlighter on top of my makeup as well. Even though I have a medium skin tone, both products don't look too stark or out of place on my skin.

What products have you been loving in June? Have you tried any of these products?

*These products were sent to me for free to review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment