Review & Swatches: Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini


Even though I wasn't planning on it, I managed to snag a few Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks during one of the recent restocks and the color I'm most excited about is Gemini. It is described as a terra-cotta warm-toned nude on the Jeffree Star website, but it looks like more of a warm rosey nude on me. There is 0.19 ounces / 5.6 mL of product and it retails for $18.



As mentioned in the intro, the color is described as a terra-cotta warmed toned nude and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it isn't orangey. The color was compared to Lolita II a lot online (I have swatches below!) but Gemini has more rosey pink tones to it.

I've reviewed some other Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks before and the formula is most consistent with Unicorn Blood, but it's not as long wearing or transfer proof. I don't know if other people also experience this, but I find that the formulas aren't consistent for every color. They're all still good, but it's hard to recommend the whole line when there's that variation. 

Gemini dries matte, but it's not a full dry matte and so there's sill some transferring onto straws and cups. The good thing is that it doesn't suck out all of the moisture from your lips and so I'm still a fan of the formula. Even though there's some transferring, the color still lasts all day with very minimal fading. It also feels so comfortable on the lips that I forget about it.


The lighting is a bit different in both full faced pictures, but the terra cotta tones does sometimes show through but it's mostly what you see on the right picture in person. 

Gemini is fully pigmented so you only need a thin layer all over the lips. Gemini's formula is pretty thin and liquidy though and so I would be careful in application. I somehow always get a bit of product on my teeth no matter how much I scrape off the excess on the lip of the tube. 


L to R -
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini and Androgyny
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare and Lolita II
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl
Kiko Mat Lipstick in Autumn Pink

For color comparisons, I feel like a mixture of Bond Girl and Double Dare would be pretty close but I can't find an exact dupe in my collection. 

Final Thoughts: Jeffree Star Cosmetics did it again and brought out an amazing color. The formula isn't 100% transfer proof like some other colors I've tried but it's still pretty good. The color is such a flattering nude and I feel like that's saying a lot since I was a red lipstick only person for the longest time. Gemini is also the color I wanted Androgyny to be and I see this color being easy to wear for every skin tone. I highly recommend trying to get this color during the next restock!

Have you tried Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks? Are you looking forward to their new palettes and highlighters coming out soon?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment