Glow Baby Glow! ft. Liquid Illuminators / Highlighters


Liquid highlighters / illuminzers have become a recent obsession of mine and now I kind of want at least one from every brand. I've also been getting some illuminating bases as well to give myself even more glow. 

I pretty much want to look like a Twilight vampire but not as emo. 


Swatched L to R - 
Becca Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter
Benefit Cosmetics High Beam
Becca Cosmetics Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream
Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Base
Etude House Dreaming Swan Shine Volumer in Twinkling Tutu
Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl (review here)
Life's Entropy Galaxy Glow Illuminator in Solar Flare (review here)

For illuminating bases, my favorite out of the ones I have is probably the Becca Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter. It gives me just enough glow and helps prolong my foundation. I felt like the Burberry one did nothing to my face and I didn't have strong feelings about the MAC Strobe Cream. I did like that it gave my dry face some more moisture though. 

For liquid highlighters, all of them are my favorite! I can't choose since they're all great, but just have different undertones. 

The Life's Entropy Galaxy Glow Illuminator is the most pigmented and so I'm scared to use that one when I'm in a rush, but it's gorgeous. It also works well as a liquid highlighting blush if I layer it on. 

I also like to mix the Becca Cosmetics Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal in foundations since the undertone matches my actual skin undertone more. 

For more subtle highlighting but still with some color, I love the Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl. I really can't get enough of this product since it's so easy to throw on to add a little something to my look. 

The Etude House Dreaming Swan Shine Volumer in Twinkling Tutu is actually limited edition, but it's still available for a little bit longer! It's more on the glitter side and so I only use this on my eyes. It works great as a base for matte shadows and in the inner corner or lower lashline to draw more attention to the eyes. 

Let me know what your favorite illuminators / liquid highlighters are! I want to try one of the NARS ones next, but there's also some MAC ones I might get first.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment