Empties #2 - L'oreal, Maybelline, Flower Beauty, etc.


I've been collecting these empties since January and finally sat down to take the photos. It takes me a long time to finish products, but I usually go through mascaras and brow products pretty quickly. Now that I've finished most of these products (just found out how to "fix" the pencil liner while writing this post), I just wanted to circle around to update any first impressions and whether or not I'll be repurchasing them!


Some steady favorites and repurchaes that I used up were the L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Concealer in Medium (review here), Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown (review here), and the L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in Brunette. I really want to repurchase the concealer and brow pencil again, but I already have other similar products that I want to use up first. I do have another L'oreal brow gel on hand, but I've been favoring the Glossier Boy Brow in Brunette more and so I'm not sure if I would repurchase again after that one runs out. 

Another undereye concealer I tried is from Flower Beauty Daily Brighening Undereye Cover Cream in DB3. This shade was pretty light despite being one of the darker shades, but I was still able to use it on my MAC NC35 ish skin tone. Unfortunately, the metal ball applicator got stuck or something and I wasn't able to get any more product. I only used it for 2 weeks at that point and so it was still pretty much full. I definitely wouldn't repurchase it.


The mascaras that I've tried and used up recently were the L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Waterproof Mascara in Black and the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. I really disliked both mascaras for the same reasons. Even though these mascaras are waterproof, they were too wet and the bristles were too far apart which led to droopy and clumpy lashes.

The last product is one that I actually haven't finished yet - the Tony Moly My School Looks 4B Liner Pencil in #3 Jet Black. When I first tried to use it, it was so dry that it hurt to apply even on my hand. While writing this post, I found out that you actually have to sharpen it first and then it becomes creamier. I'm going to give it another try, but I'll probably be tossing it soon anyway since I don't want to take a chance of it being dried out and hurting my eyes. Who knows, maybe it'll end up being a favorite but it took me 3 months to take these pictures and so I'll keep this here for now...

Anyway! These were my empties!

What you have finished recently?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment