Face of the Day: Valentine's Day 2016


Happy Valentine's Day! I'm in California and so it's pretty much almost over, but here's my look I did to go out with my boyfriend! We're actually very low key and usually don't do anything... and then three weeks ago, he jokingly told me to plan something since he was planning my birthday. I did panic a little bit since I thought everything would've been booked up a month in advanced but I was also pretty excited since it was the first time in 4 years we would be able to spend the day together. 

Anyway, back to makeup - Here's what I used today! I wanted to keep things on the pinky / rose side and it also matched with the flowers on my dress.




I used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer that came with my Unzipped palette. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad either and so I'm trying to use it up. Since I was going to use the very sparkly MAC Rose Pigment, I kept the base colors matte using the Blackbird Cosmetics Pressed Luxury Shadows in Juliet (crease), Gravity (outer v and inner third of the lids), and Beau (to wing out the shape and darken the outer third of the lids). To make Rose look really metallic and reduce fall out, I also used the Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue


I originally wanted to use false lashes, but my eyes were also feeling a bit sensitive from contacts. I ended up using my trusty Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara in Very Black and the Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer to give my lashes some more length and definition. 


I also did my face after my eyes just in case there were some fall out. My very very lovely roommates gifted me the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation in 127 = Y335 Dark Sand for my birthday last week and so I decided to try it out today. I can definitely say that it works a lot better than the liquid version and lasts a lot longer without making me look shiny as well. To brighten up my undereye area, I used the Clarins Instant Light Brush-On Perfector in Medium Beige.

I usually just use the Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy to contour, but I wanted a little more oomph and so I first used the Life's Entropy Particle Contour Stick in Neutron to set down a more cool toned brown base. I lightly baked using the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder to make the contour area more clean and just loosely powdered the concealer under my eyes. I wanted to stay looking dewy and didn't use powder anywhere else.


While waiting for the powder to "bake," I applied the Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Highlighter on the top of my cheek bones and set it with the Wet n Wild Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow. Blush is still a struggle for me and so the pinky colored highlighter added just enough to my face for the color and glow I wanted.

Last but not least, the brow products! I'm a huge fan of the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but I recently started to try out the L'oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette and I actually quite like it! To make my eye brows a bit fluffier and set the hairs in place, I used the Glossier Boy Brow in Brown and brushed everything up.


& finally - the Before and After! #TeamUnevenEyes

I did not picture it along with the other products, but I did use a tinted lip oil from Skin Food later on to give my lips some more color. It added a really nice touch since it was very low maintenance and didn't get all over my face... or other people's faces.

I did use my new camera to take all of these pictures, but I still need to work on exposure since some of the colors do look a bit washed out. I'm still learning but please give me any tips if you also have the Sony A6000!

How was your Valentine's / Galentines / Palentines Day? I hope you and your loved ones had a great day!

By the way, I officially moved all blog related posts to a different IG account under the name haodoyoungo

I actually had my personal account as haodoyoudo, then changed it to haodoyoungo, then changed it back to haodoyoudo and created a new one for haodoyoungo. I felt bad that all of my non-blog related friends were bombarded with makeup posts and I wanted to also consistently post more stuff. I got motivated by Cindy's change [from cindyhyue] and finally did it myself!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment