Let's Play: Dual Toned Eyes ft. Makeup Forever Studio Case Eyeshadow Palette


I think I might start a new "series" on my blog called Let's Play. I'm still deciding if that's going to be the permanent name but it is inspired by Jkissa's Play Date videos where she plays with some of her newer products. This series is going to be similar, but I wanted to do this so that I could have an excuse to go out of my comfort zone. I usually do neutrals and play it safe, but that leaves most of my collection untouched. 

I got the Makeup Forever Studio Case Eyeshadow Palette around November 2015 and haven't really touched it since. This palette sold out immediately when it was first released and so I jumped on it when I saw that it was available at Sephora. There are some neutral colors, but most of them were not the normal browns. I don't think I'll ever really do a review on this palette since it is sold out again, but please let me know if you would like a review on specific colors!


JKissa also inspired this look since she often does dual toned eye looks. I wouldn't wear it out, but I thought the final outcome was very pretty and fun!


Eye products used -
  • Makeup Forever Studio Case Eyeshadow Palette 
    • My Right Eye 
      • D-236 Lagoon Blue in the inner third of the lid and lightly blended out to create that inner corner shadow / contouring. The matte brown from the Marc Jacobs palette was also mixed in to tone down the blue. 
      • I-218 Indigo Blue on the outer 2/3rds of the lid and lower lashline
      • D-236 and I-218 was also used light in the inner corner of the brows in hairlike strokes
    • My Left Eye
      • D-826 Fig in the inner third of the lid
      • ME-828 Garnet Black on the outer 2/3rds of the lid and lower lashline
      • D-826 and ME-828 were also used in the brows in the same way above
    • M-100 Matte Black was used on both eyes and was concentrated on the outer third of the lid and lower lashline to create that winged out look. This shade was used on the brows but was focused on mostly the tail and any sparse areas. 
    • ME-122 Snow was placed in the inner third of the lower lashline for both eyes
  • Marc Jacobs Gel Highlighers 
    • Midnight in Paris as a base for my right eye and to line the outer half of my lower lashline on the same eye
    • (Plum)Age to line the lower lashline on my left eye 
  • Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet
    • Applied as a base under the purple eye look. I wanted to bring out the red tones in D-826
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con Palette in The Lover
    • Mostly pulled this out to use the midtone matte brown shade and the shimmery coppery brown shade
    • The matte brown shade was in the crease for both eyes
    • The shimmery coppery brown shade was in the inner corner for the left eye look (the purple one)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Pumpkin Spice
    • Applied lightly in hair like strokes in the inner corner of my left brow
  • L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara in Medium to Dark
    • To set and darken my brow hairs
I'm trying so hard to be concise and help pinpoint what products went where, but it just looks like some kind of essay outline.



Face Products
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #54 Beige
  • Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40
  • Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy 
    • In the hollows of my cheeks and under my jawline
  • Makeup Forever Artist Eyehshadow in ME-122 also on the cheekbones
  • Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent 
    • To "bake" and clean up the contour area under my cheekbones
    • I should've "baked" higher, but it was my first time placing it in that area and I didn't want to go too crazy
  • Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl
    • and classic Hao... I forgot to take a picture of at least one product
Whew! That's a lot more products than I realized.

What do you think of dual toned looks? Which blogger/instagrammer/etc. do you look to for inspiration?

and last but not least... Please tell me some constructive criticism for these kind of posts! Bullet point lists help me the most as a reader, but it's not the most aesthetically pleasing style for this.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment