Favorites: 2015 Lip Products!


Lip products are probably my favorite makeup category slightly above eye products. It was probably the first category I was interested in and reds were, and still are, my favorite. It was only in 2015 that I started to branch out to more rosey mauvey nudes. I also love a good purple/plum, but those aren't as easily wearable. 

I tried my best to choose my favorites, but it was pretty hard to narrow down and there's still a lot more that I didn't really want to include since they were limited edition and now no longer available.

In no particular order -
  1. MAC Viva Glam I and See Sheer - These two lipsticks are probably my two oldest MAC lipsticks and they're very loved. These two lipsticks were my go - to shades for the longest time and I still recommend them to anyone looking into MAC Lipsticks.
  2. NYX Slim Lip Liners in Cabaret and Mauve - Most lipsticks wear well on me without feathering, but it's always handy to keep lip liners on had just in case. Cabaret is what I wear under almost every red to help me get those crisp lines as well. Mauve is also a go-to, but when I want to look more "natural." The NYX liners aren't my absolute favorite lip liners, but they're inexpensive and come in such a huge variety of colors that they're the ones I tend to buy the most of. 
  3. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (third edition) - Despite what people say about this edition being a touch too brown for them, I really love it. There's enough rosy undertones to it that it makes it ultra flattering on me. I also have Lolita II, but that's too orangey (or terracotta-y) for me to wear everyday.
  4. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn Blood - This shade is what I wear when I want to be more vampy. It also helps that it stays on so well without smearing everywhere. 
  5. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl - I feel like such a fancy adult with this lipstick. It's probably from the price tag, but the color makes me look and feel really put together. As you can see from the other lip products in this post, I prefer mattes and this lipstick has one of the best matte formulas I've tried in bullet form. I do prefer liquid matte lipsticks, but this one is a lot more comfortable to wear.
  6. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso - Another red! What a surprise! I've actually had this deluxe mini sized lipstick for about 3-4 years. Even though I love Viva Glam I and Unicorn Blood, Beso is the red I wear when I want to be brighter and have that "classic red" look.
  7. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice - This lipstick is pretty similar to the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick and was one of my go-tos for interviews and presentations. This lipstick pretty much started my whole love affair with rosey mauvey MLBB lipstick shades too!
  8. The Saem Eco Soul Tint in Oil Lip Gloss in PK01 - I don't wear a lot of glossy products in general, but I started to really get into lip oils that tint your lips every since I tried the YSL Volupte Tint In Oil's. I ended up finding a lot of Korean brands that also did tint in oil's and bought sooo many of them. The Saem Eco Soul Tint In Oil's are probably my favorite right now though since they're so much more moisturizing. The glossiness isn't over the top too and the color it brings to my lips is just perfect. 
All of these products are in regular rotation in my handbag and my travel essentials. I am missing some pinks and corals, but I haven't found any that look really great on me yet. 

What were your favorite lip products in 2015? What are your favorite colors to wear and in what kind of formulation (liquid, bullet, etc.)?


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment