Favorites: 2015 Eye Products!


My last 2015 Favorites Post! Honestly, I'm so over these right now and will definitely just do one collective post and try to keep it under 20 or something. I probably won't do a January 2016 favorites post either since I'm so "Favorites" out for this month.

This last post is going to be dedicated to eye products though! My second favorite to lip products and it was equally hard to choose what I loved the most. There were some surprising favorites when I really got down to what I used the most and some that were obvious.


A super obvious choice was the Lorac Unzipped Palette. I got it around my birthday in 2015 and it's been a palette I would always choose for traveling or special events. I did end up depotting the shadows so that I could choose specific colors for weekend trips instead of the whole palette though. This would be my perfect palette, but I do end up supplementing it with some other matte shadows.


And speaking of matte shadows! I really fell in love with Blackbird Cosmetics after my first order. The colors I use the most from them are Fire Pledge, Ruca, and Beau but that's only because I love warm shades. The textures of these shadows are a bit dry compared to Lorac Matte Shadows, but they still blended out just as well and were easier to layer. 

Another favorite palette that I depotted was the theBalm Nude 'Tude Palette, but I mostly use Sleek, Serious, Seductive and Sultry. I usually use Sleek and Serious to line my eyes or to soften / smudge out eyeliner. Sultry is also a great midtone brown shade for my skin tone and I like to use that as a transition shade. Seductive is also my favorite bronze shadow because of the golden wheat tones to it. I actually really wanted Burberry's Pale Barley to be like Seductive, but it ended up being more on the taupe side.


Another amazing eyeshadow that I used a lot was the Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow in Grandstand. It's similar to some of the pinky shadows from the Unzipped Palette, but the formula feels a bit creamier and looks more metallic on the lid. I personally love to just pop this in the center of my lids s to give my eyes more dimension.

I started using brush tip liners like the K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Eyeliner in 2015 and they're definitely the best kind of eyeliner for me to use for a great winged liner look. I've also tried other brush tip liners like the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper, but the K-Palette one lasts longer on me.

For tightlining, the Marc Jacobs Gel Highliners in Blacquer works the best and stays on the longest for my dry and somehow watery eyes. It doesn't irritate my contacts either. I have some other colors from the same line, but Blacquer is the one I repurchase the most since I use it almost every day to line up my upper waterline.

Cream shadows have always been a favorite, but the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Morphing Eyeshadow Pencils in Amber Haze and Bronzed Garnet are some of the best I have ever tried. The Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks are also great, but I find most of the colors lean more cool toned on me for some reason. Amber Haze and Bronzed Garnet work incredibly well alone all over the eye and also as bases to make shadow products last all day.

Speaking of bases, the two I used the most are the Wet N Wild Fergie Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer. I believe this was reformulated and brought back out with new packaging, but I haven't tested the newer version out yet. This primer is a bit thicker than the Urban Decay or Too Faced primer, but I kind of it like because it wasn't as oily feeling on my lids. For more shimmery shadows or those prone to fall out, the Darling Girl Cosmetics Glitter Glue is fantastic. It's thin and not as tacky as the LASplash Splashproof Eyeshadow Sealer and Base. It holds onto more troublesome products really well and can make my shimmery/glitter products look a million times better.

 The mascara favorite that beat out my beloved Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara is the Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara also from the same brand. I feel like the formulas are pretty much the same, but the wand for the Lash Sensational mascara is more curved and fits my lashes a lot better. 

& that's it! I'm all done with my 2015 favorites!

Let me know what your favorites were! I would love to hear about them so that I can get more ideas for my own collection (:

And I also wanted to belatedly say Thank You too everyone who has stopped by to read and/or comment on my blog. I don't have that many real life friends that I can talk to about makeup and so reading the comments and blog posts from other bloggers is really so much fun for me. Thank you!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment