Favorites: 2015 Base + Brows


My first 2015 favorites post is going to focus on base and brow products! Just as an intro for the rest of the posts as well, I'm going to do my favorites in general that I also used throughout 2015 and not just new releases from 2015. To me, I would rather see the same products in yearly favorites because it just shows how much it stood apart from all the newer releases. 

Brow products were super easy to decide on. Ever since the L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara in Medium to Dark launched this year, it's been my favorite! I switched between an Etude House, Benefit, and Maybelline brow gels and the L'oreal one stood out the most. It's more liquidy than my second favorite from Benefit, but it does the job at a really affordable price. It's also a pretty neutral medium brown color and so it'll go well with any brunette.

I started using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in 2014 and it continues to be one of my favorite brow products to define the lines a bit more. I use the L'oreal brow gel every day because I prefer a natural brow look but the Brow Wiz helps me define the edges more when I know I'm going to have pictures taken of me. It also helps when I haven't plucked my brows in awhile to make them look more clean. My favorite shade is Soft Brown, but Medium Brown and Taupe both work well for my coloring. The Nyx Micro Brow Pencil is also an alternative, but I find that it's a bit dryer.


I've switched up my foundation multiple times throughout the year, but my favorites would hands down be the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #54 Beige and the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40. I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks but the Bourjois foundation worked really well in both areas. In the summer, my nose did get shinier but nothing a light dusting of powder wouldn't fix. The Cover FX Custom Cover Drops also work with every base I have to increase the coverage and shift the coloring to fit my tone a bit more.

For my undereye area, I mostly used the L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer. It's not heavy duty enough to cover dark (think purpley blue) under eye circles, but I'm fortunate to just have slight discoloration when I'm lacking sleep. There's a slight shimmer going through it and it helps reflect light to make my eyes look brighter. I've used up 2 tubes and want to repurchase my third, but that darn no buy is telling me to use up my highlighting concealers from Physicians Formula and Clarins first. 

To set my undereye area, I really love the NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. It's pretty much translucent blended in but the yellow in it does help look more natural on my golden / warm skin. Finishing powders are usually more thin than setting powders and so it doesn't look as powdery. This powder also worked well lightly dusted all over my face. I'm even starting to see some pan and it's so exciting to me!

I do want to give a special shout out to the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder but it does give me a white cast of I use too much / take flash photography. I love using it all year round but it's especially great for keeping my shiny nose at bay during the summer. The NYX one is an every day kind of powder but the Tarte powder keeps my skin looking smooth and perfect if I'm out all day.

What were your favorite base and brow products in 2015? Do you prefer overall favorites or more "released in 2015" kind of favorites for annual favorites posts?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment