Review: My Scheming Sheet Masks


Along with the Geo Eyevelyn Choco Contact Lenses (review here!), LoveShoppingholics also sent me three masks to try out. 

They're all from the brand My Scheming! The specific masks I received include the Raw Job's Tears Brightening Black Mask, Snail Essence Hydrating Black Mask, and Cactus Essence Hydrating Black Mask. All three masks are $2.20 on the LoveShoppingholics website and so they're very affordable!

I've never tried this brand before and so I was very excited to see how they would work on my skin. All three masks help improve skin hydration plus a little more based on the mask.

& now let's start!


Raw Job's Tears Brightening Black Mask*

This mask was the first one out of three that I tried. Right when I pulled it out of the bag, it was dripping with essence. A lot of the other sheet masks I've tried had a clear essence but this one was slightly milky. 

I liked that the mask had multiple slits around the edges and so it was able to really contour around my face. I would say my face is pretty normal? and there was a little bit around my temples that felt too wide. I just folded it over so that it wouldn't touch my hair and it was good to go!

This is definitely a laying down and relaxing kind of mask because of how much essence there was. I just watched some YouTube videos for about 20 minutes and took off the mask. I took some pictures after taking off the mask (so 2-3 minutes) and the center of my face already absorbed whatever was left. I also think the essence from the center of the also moved towards the outer edges of my face though. I ended up massaging the essence that wasn't full absorbed yet from the outer edges into my face.

I use sheet masks mostly at night, but this one could be used in the morning due to how fast it absorbed (compared to Vita LightBeam Essential Mask & WHP Charcoal-Mineral Mask). It didn't leave a tacky texture either and instead left me with a smooth and slightly mattified look/feel to my skin. 



Snail Essence Hydrating & Repairing Black Mask*

This one has the same fit and sheet texture and so I won't repeat myself.

The essence is different though! Instead of being milky, it is clear and a bit thicker. There was an overabundance of essence again and so I just squeezed a bit out so that it wouldn't drip everywhere. I feel like I shouldn't have done that though since the essence stuck into my face a lot better than the Raw Job's mask.

After wearing it for about 20-25 minutes, the sheet mask did feel a bit dry and so I took it off and used whatever essence was left on the mask + on my face and massaged it it into my face and neck.

Again, this mask initially dried to a more tacky feel and then fully dried to a more soft matte (but still moisturized) appearance. I was taking my chance by wearing this mask before a date with my boyfriend and I was super glad that it left my face slightly matte instead of overly dewey like some other masks so that my makeup will still apply on well.



Cactus Essence Hydrating Black Mask*

The texture and fit is the same as the other two masks and the essence is similar to the Snail one. There was an overabundance of essence again and it did drip down my neck. It's nothing having tissues around my neck wouldn't fix though! The sheet did stay fully saturated during the 30 minutes I wore it as well!

Like the name of the masks says, this sheet mask is hydrating and left my skin with a glow. The essence also stayed on my skin well enough that I could give myself a nice facial massage. Like the other two masks, this one also sunk onto my skin well enough that I could use it in the morning before applying makeup.

Out of the three masks, this one really helped with hydration. Even though this winter hasn't been that cold, my skin has been extra dehydrated and this essence sunk into my skin without leaving any film "sitting" on my skin.



Final thoughts: I think all three masks would be great for any skin type. Even though I loved the Cactus Essence one for hydration, I would repurchase the other two since I prefer my masks to include some kind of brightening or repairing properties for my acne marks. All three sheet masks sink in quickly into the skin and so they're also great before going out / in the morning if your skin needs a pick me up. It's also important to note that none of these masks broke me out! My skin felt smooth, but not fully hydrated though and so I did need to use another moisturizer underneath.

*These masks were sent to me to try out and all thoughts are 100% honest and my own.

Have you tried My Scheming Sheet Masks before? What's your favorite sheet mask?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment