Hao Are You #13 // Preparing For Winter


Or aka - more food shots because all I do is eat. I have actually been trying to cook and eat healthier, but I do treat myself whenever I'm out of town. When it gets cold, I also get really lazy to cook and just like to get hot pot / shabu shabu instead. I've also been busy and so it's great just to be able to get some food with friends and loved ones during the holidays to catch up!

Here are some places I've been visting!

Piatti // (pictured above!) My boyfriend looooves Italian food and we recently discovered Piatti while scrolling through Yelp. The food itself isn't unique, but it is still quite delicious and the location is really nice! The atmosphere can also be romantic for a quick date.


Yakitori Yakyudori & Ramen // Ramen is one of my top choices for winter and Yakitori Yakyudori & Ramen is amazing. They also have small dishes that you can order (the middle picture is Takoyaki) and I can't wait to go back to try even more of them. The line was super long, but the food was worth it.

iDessert by Jean-Philippe // I also found this ice cream place while scrolling through Yelp and was surprised to find out that it was in Little Italy! Even though I've been to San Diego many times, I never realized there was a Little Italy there. This ice cream had a meringue shell and the ball on top contained syrup that you could squeeze to either fill the ice cream or to be a topping. I personally don't like the texture of meringue, but everything else was great! You could order with a cashier, or with any of the iPads through out the store. I thought the second option was great because I was able to take my time choosing without the fear of annoying the cashier. 


Sprinkles // I really don't need to do any introduction on this company! I just wanted to show their adorable Gingerbread and Peppermint cupcakes they had for December. I'm a huge fan of both flavors in general and so I could not skip out on these.

Fig Tree Cafe // My sister is really into brunch (as am I) and so we had a double date at Fig Tree Cafe. I had their Stuffed French Toast (amazing) but I also stole some slices of my boyfriend's pizza. They had huge portions for really reasonable prices and the store / workers were really welcoming. I'm cranky in the mornings and so this was a great place to start the day. I can't wait to go back to try their eggs benedict as well.

Mokkoji Shabu Shabu Bar // One of my good friends introduced me to this place. It's a bit more expensive than my go - to choice, Boiling Point, but I preferred eating this way so that I could cook the food the way I wanted to. Boiling Point usually serves hot pot all in one pot ready to eat, but you cook your own food at Mokkoji. Even looking at this simple picture is making me crave hot pot again. 

What are your favorite foods to eat during winter?

Also -

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I was going to do a Christmas based post, but not everything celebrates Christmas and that includes me. My family has always been low key about Christmas and I even get anxious when people give me gifts during this time. I do really enjoy this time of the year though. Everything is happier and more lively. 

I hope you all have a great holiday! 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment