Review & Swatches: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl


I went crazy during BeautyLish's Gift Card Event and got a Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl. I've been constantly looking at it for weeks after seeing so many bloggers talking about it. I would put it into my cart and remove it over and over again until I decided to just bit the bullet! Bond Girl is described as a "chic natural berry," but it looks like a MLBB pinky mauve with a hint of red lipstick on me. The Matte Revolution Lipsticks contain 3.5 g / 0.12 ounces of product and retails for $32.



I thought the cut was weird at first, and now I actually like it. The top cut is small and it helps me create straighter lines easier. I feel like when it's too point, I have to be really exact. Besame lipsticks also have a straight cut, but they're a bit too wide.

The color is supposed to be a natural berry, but my warm undertones shift the color to be a bit more mauve and so I would definitely check out more reviews besides this one. The price is really high to just guess on whether or not it'll suit you. 

I would say it takes 2 layers to be fully opaque but you'll just need 1 for touch ups.


The texture of this lipstick is really smooth unlike a lot of matte lipsticks from MAC. I would say that the Bond Girl has a pretty similar texture to the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte lipsticks though. It also feels kind of soft my lips like NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in that I can rub my lips together and they won't stick. It doesn't slip off the lips like the NYX ones do though.

In the above picture, there is a slight sheen but it's from the lamp I was using. The below swatch shows a more accurate finish.


L to R: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl
Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice (more pink)
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (more brown)
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare (more coraly pink and brighter)
Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9 (more pink and has a sheen)

All of the above lipsticks are similar to Bond Girl but with slight differences. I mostly wanted to point this out to say that you don't need to spend $32 since there are other quality lip products out that are pretty similar. Touch of Spice is the closest shade, but all of these will look different depending on your skin tone. 

With that being said, I think Bond Girl is still unique in my collection (I also say this with every new red I add into my collection). The texture is one of the best mattes I've ever tried and doesn't dry out my lips at all. It does wear off a little bit when I drink and eat but it does pretty much stay on for 4-5 hours without touch ups. 


& here's a full face picture (I lowkey love this picture of myself...)

This is straight out of the tube without any q-tip or lip liner adjustments. The color and bullet cut makes this lipstick super easy to apply.

People talk about the vintage packaging a lot and it's slightly weird to me. My mom has an Estee Lauder lipstick with the same kind of packaging but in blue and so the Matte Revolution Lipsticks make me think of my mom's generation. The rose gold really does make CT's packaging more modern and so I just giggle a bit when people gush over it.

Final thoughts: I am a lipstick lover through and through and I am so glad I bought this lipstick. The texture is amazing and feels so comfortable. Bond Girl is going to be one of my treasured lipsticks because it fits every look I do and is great for every occasion. For the average person, it might be unnecessary to spend this much and I totally get that. Maybelline Touch of Spice is also super fantastic and I highly recommend that if you want a similar color but not at the luxury price tag. Now, if you love lipsticks and makeup like I do, I highly highly recommend this! Since I got a $20 gift card from Beautylish during their promotion, I'm even planning on buying another Matte Revolution Lipsticks.

Have you tried Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipsticks? What makeup do you like splurging on?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment