October 2015 Favorites!


I've been pretty low key during October and didn't experiment or play with my makeup as usual. Besides stuff I have been (accidentally) constantly mentioning in my other favorites, I tried out some indie matte shadows and a fancy schmancy contouring powder from Burberry. It is a mini size from a set though and so I'm not actually thaaat fancy schmancy. I also used 2 easy to slap on and reliable products a lot too!


I'll be going left to right!

Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in No. 07 Earthy Blush (Deluxed sample size)
I was originally so confused by this product because the mini says "Contouring Powder Face & Eyes" but I couldn't find a contouring powder compact in Burberry's line. Turns out, it's part of their Blush Line. Looking at it in the pan, I thought it would also be too light and slightly orange for my skin. To my very very happy surprise, it did up working perfectly for my skin tone. I would say that it's on the same level of "darkness" as Benefit's Hoola, but leans more of a cooler beige instead of yellow. It blends into the skin so well and the "light glow" due to its formula takes away any traces of powder. 

Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (Deluxed sample size)
My skin has been looking a bit dull lately. It hasn't been that cold in Southern California but it has dropped 20 degrees to be around 70 degrees F now. The change made my skin feel drier and now using highlighter makes me glow more instead of just looking greasy. Opal is a really great champagne highlighter, but I can also use it on my eyes for a gorgeous shimmer. For the face, I use a really fluffy brush but on my eyes, I really pack it on using a dense flat brush. 

Makeup Forever Artist Eyeshadow in Celestial Brown (review here)
Fall/Autumn is a great time for dark warm brown shades (honestly great for me all year round though). I usually gravitate towards golden bronze shades, but this one is more copper / reddy. I also like to use this shade with the next two matte shadows to play with textures. MUFE Artist Shadows feel so smooth and are super pigmented. You definitely can't go wrong with any of their shades!

Blackbird Cosmetics Pressed Luxury Eyeshadow in Fire Pledge and Ruca 
I cannot for the life of me get a realistic picture of Fire Pledge. All of my pictures make it look like a super bright orange, but it's definitely darker and leans more of a muted burnt orange shade. Blackbird Cosmetic's website shows a very accurate swatch though! After not loving the Wet n Wild Desert Festival Palette (review here), I remembered that Blackbird Cosmetics also had a dark orangey matte shadow. I'm still not ready to commit to paying $25 for NARS Persia, but I'm so glad I didn't! Fire Pledge and Ruca are great matte shadows. Ruca is a dark red/burgundy shade with some brown to it that helps make it more wearable. It's a surprisingly easy reddy shade to wear, but I prefer to use it with other shimmery shades like Celestial Brown to avoid making my eyes look too tired. Blackbird Cosmetics is also one of the few indie makeup shops that have pressed shadows and that's definitely a plus for me!

What are your October Favorites? Have you tried any of these products before?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment