Review & Swatches: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #127 / Y335 Dark Sand


Make Up For Ever recently updated their HD Foundation and I was able to get a deluxe sample of it through the Sephora website. That itty bitty bottle to the left is in shade #127 / Y335 and the original bottle I have is also in #127 Dark Sand. Make Up For Ever wanted to update their best selling foundation so that it would look amazing in person as well as in 4k technology. It also has hyaluronic spheres for time-released hydration while appearing invisible and natural looking on the skin. The Ultra Hd Invisible Cover Foundation contains 1.01 ounces of product and retails for $43.



On the bottom of my original bottle (left), it says N127 and so I feel like it's supposed to be more neutral. I do see yellow in it, but the newer version (right) is definitely more golden. It is also darker compared to the original #127 on my skin, but the difference isn't as big. I actually feel like this newer shade fits me a lot better. 

The texture also feels the same between the two. If anything, the original #127 is a little bit thinner but the newer version blends in to fit my skin tone better. 


I used the Sonia Kashuk Kashuk Tools Dense Blush / Powder Brush (No. 24) to buff in the foundation and it worked really well. I recently used the original HD foundation and it no longer sat on my skin the same way anymore. The area near my nose looked cakey no matter what tool I used.

The newest version of the HD foundation definitely looks better and blended in faster / better to give me that "invisible" look they claimed. I was pretty impressed with how nice it looked right away. In my opinion, it did look good in person as well as on camera. 

I used one layer on my face and was able to get medium coverage. The original foundation was kind of notorious for looking cakey very quickly and so I just stopped at one layer.  



Unfortunately, the foundation's finish did not stay the same way through out the day. After I finished my makeup, I bought groceries and made food (made enough to last a week for lunch and dinner) and so I was in a hotter environment than normal. 

Even so, I haven't had a foundation get this oily, or erm... dewey, like this before. I really should've set it with powder, but I wanted to see how it would work by itself. 


& back to good news! Even though my face became oily, I didn't see the foundation break down anywhere on my face. The medium coverage I was able to build up to stayed that way. I even scratched my face a few times and I didn't see that much foundation come off either. 

Final thoughts: I would definitely not buy the newest version due to how oily I looked so soon. It does look great right away and I would use it for when I know I'm going to be in front of a camera, but only for 2-4 hours. To me, that's not worth buying the full sized foundation. If you have dry skin, I would definitely try it out though! I originally loved the original formulation of the HD Foundation, but it became finicky to use. The newer version works way better, but just not for my skin type. 

What are your thoughts on the original and updated versions of MUFE's HD Foundation? Which one did you like better?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment