Review & Swatches: Life's Entropy Galaxy Glow Illuminator in Solar Flare


Life's Entropy Galaxy Glow Illuminators are liquid highlighters that illuminate the skin without looking greasy or glittery. Solar Flare is described as a rose gold color and it leans more warm and golden pink on my skin. The full sized product contains 16 grams / .56 ounces for $12 and the plastic packaging includes a pump. Samples of Solar Flare are $1.50 each, but come in a clam shell packaging. 



I initially thought this product was going to be way too shimmery and pigmented (in regards to the color) on my cheeks. Once I blended it out, it looked perfect. It adds a bit of a warm pink to my cheeks and the gold would catch the light to create more dimension.

The texture is a bit thick in the packaging, but blends out easily using a brush or fingers. The liquid (a bit closer to cream) formula sits well on the skin and doesn't make me break out. I love using my ELF Small Stippling brush for this and it helps build up the color/shimmer without being overwhelming. 


The shimmer from Solar Flare definitely isn't as intense compared to Becca pressed highlighters. The level of shimmer does compare pretty well to Benefit's High Beam though in that it's more of a glow than shimmer that can be worn along or mixed into other products. 


The product catches the light but it doesn't make my face shine. If highlighters like theBalm MaryLoumanizer are too shimmery for you, this would be perfect. Personally, this product doesn't give me enough of a glow I love and so I do set it / layer on a little bit of Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Pink Sunset. It's a bit more bronzed, but it has a similar warm rose gold hue to it. 

I have normal to oily skin thanks to summer and so I do lightly dust a bit of powder all over my face after putting Solar Flare on. The shimmer/glow doesn't diminish even with some slightly powdery and so I'm very pleased with it. I even think dry to oily skinned people will be able to use this product. 

The pump isn't the most precise and it always dispenses a bit too much for my every day look. I do feel like I'm wasting a bit of product, but then the price and amount makes me feel a bit better. For days when I want to look more shimmery and glowy, I just keep layering it on using only a half a pump and it never looks too glittery. 

Final thoughts: I am in love!! If you've seen my Instagram, I've been mentioning this product for some of pictures showing my face. The glow is just enough where people don't know if it's makeup or a slight reflection of light on my supposed cheek bones. The full sized packaging does pump out too much, but that's probably the only con I have. If it's a problem, you can always pump some out into an airtight container (like contact lens cases) and save the rest for another day. I also bought samples of other colors, but I really should've just gone ahead and bought full sized ones since all of the colors were so pretty. 

Do you have a favorite highlighter? What formula do you like the best for highlighters - cream, powder, liquid?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment