Review & Swatches: Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose


Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose is a matte rosey nude toned blush that has a gorgeous rose pattern embossed on it. The color fits in the same family as NARS Douceur and Tarte Exposed (a comparison post of this claim will be up soon!) and it is one of those universally flattering shades. There is 0.60 ounces / 17 grams of product and retails around $8 depending on where you buy it from. 


For a matte shade, I'm surprised at how easy it was blend in without being patchy. It did kick up a bit of powder because the texture is soft, but it is not messy at all. I was surprised at how pigmented it was compared to Tarte Exposed because that blush takes soooo much to show up on my skin. 


I don't wear blush that often and so excuse the strip of color, but Romantic Rose worked well for a blush novice like me. In the pan, I thought it would be more mauvey / nudey, but it appeared more pink on my cheeks. 

The wear time on me changed depending on what foundation I used, but it did last at least a good 7 hours before I started seeing fading on all the foundations I paired it up with. My cheeks are on the normal / dry side though and so the wear time might be less for those with oily skin. 


As mentioned, I love the rose pattern. It is so pretty and makes me happy when I use it. I wish the product was lower so that it was under the plastic rim though. Since it was a bit powdery, the excess power got on my table or hand I was holding it in. It's a very small packaging thing, but I just wanted to note it. The packaging is a hard plastic and even though I traveled with it, it seemed stable enough to product the product.

Final thoughts: I love the color and how it applied on my cheeks. It's soft and blendable and just sits on the skin so nicely. Even though it's matte, it didn't take away the dewey-ness of my foundation and kept the appearance natural looking. I wish this had come out before the Tarte Exposed craze, because Romantic Rose worked so much better on me than Exposed. I recommend this blush as the natural pinky nude flush of color everyone needs in their collection. 

Have you tried Milani blushes before? Which one is your favorite?


Share

10 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY 17G OF BLUSH?!!? That will be impossible to finish.

    Since Douceur is discontinued and Exposed is pricey, I might have to pick this up! I don't own any blushes like this (I think).

    Ling | The Cosmetic Critic

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP. OMG WHAT. IS. THIS. THIS LOOKS AMAZING. I'M SPEECHLESS. I NEED THIS. Vanessa DO YOU HAVE THIS THERE. (if there's no $$ left, no worries just asking :P)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. the packaging is amazing *_* and blush looks really good on you, you should wear it more often ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have a comparison post of the colors going up tomorrow! I really love rosey nude blushes because they're so wearable with any look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amaaaazing!! There's some other colors in the line and I might need to pick the up after seeing how well this one did (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I really love this kind of color because it matches any look I do on my eyes :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just swatched Exposed in Sephora today and thought the same thing! It does make me kinda reconsider whether to purchase it now b/c it was so hard to pick up. Maybe it needs a really stiff brush?


    This one looks quite pretty on you, although more pink than I thought it would!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blush color really suits you :) And the packaging is hella adorable *-* Somehow, it reminds me of Lancome lol I guess it's because of Lancome's rose logo haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's definitely more pink than I thought too!!

    I feel like Exposed was so hyped that I couldn't help but be disappointed though. A lot of people tell me to use certain brushes, but I'd rather just get a softer blush than a million brushes to try out with Exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!!


    Now that you mention it, I do get a Lancome feel to it too hahaha I really want to get more from this blush range :D

    ReplyDelete