October & November 2014 Favorites!



I didn't have enough favorites for an October Favorites post and so I combined it with November and now I have a lot to talk about! I'm slowly starting to shift to more "Autumn / Fall" colors. 

One of the products I put aside during my yellow-y blonde days was the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I felt like the pink looked slightly off on me because I hadn't toned my hair to be more neutral / cool toned but now I can finally use the palette that I love so much. I tend to just use any mixture of one of the lighter and one of the darker shades depending on how dramatic I want to be. 


L to R:

Benefit Cosmetics Porefessional + High Beam has been my base/primer of choice lately. I'm not actually in love with Porefessional, but it does help smooth out my face a bit. I mix it with High Beam because the cooler air has made my face more dull. Mixed together, these products add a glow while help keep my foundation on longer. 

NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Licorice (review here) is a dark purple with slightly red/plum tones. I wear this when I want to go for a more dramatic look. Actually, I wear it whenever because it's a beautiful color.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice (review here) is a more mauvey plummy neutral shade and I wear this when I'm not wearing Licorice. It is not drying like how some other matte lipsticks can be but it still lasts a super long time.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown + Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in Light/Medium is what I've been using on my brows nonstop since I've gotten them. I totally understand the hype and they make my brows look so nice and defined without being crazy dramatic. 


Benefit Cosmetics Blush in Rockateur has the same kind of mauve-y but rosy undertone that I've been loving so much recently. It's what I wanted Tarte's Exposed to be, but this has more of a sheen. I found out that I like blushes with more of a sheen because they're more blendable to me. Matte blushes make my face more flat even if I add highlighter. 

NARS Bronzer in Laguna + Blush in Deep Throat + Blush in Goulue are some other blushes I use a lot. I even hit pan on Laguna, which has not happened for any of my colored face products. When I'm not wearing Rockateur, I put on Deep Throat because it's the prettiest pinky blush that fits anything. Goulue is more for my slightly darker makeup days and Laguna is used to contour a lot. I also just add a bit on my cheek bones and forehead to create a bronzy glow that I lost from summer. 

& that's all for these two months! There was definitely a Benefit vibe going on, but I didn't even notice until I wrote up this post. I've just been in love with Benefit lately as well because their packaging is pretty adorable (except for the snakeskin on Rockateur).

What are your recent favorites?

Share

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! When I was putting them together, it seemed like such a massive list that I was worried if anyone would actually read it.


    You should do burgundy lips! It would look so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not a big list! You don't need to worry~ Thank you c:!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh so jelly of your products there! I'd totally love to steal the naked 3 from you as well as borrow that nyx lipstick! Do you believe that I don't own any of the naked palettes? Im totally thinking of getting the naked 3 though! And eventually I will get one of those lippies from nyx! They sound amazing! great favorites, I love the variety you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely get one OR EVEN ALLL!!! of the Naked palettes (: They just released their Naked On The Run Palette and I love all of the colors, except the blush. I think the blush color would look good on you, but blue toned pinks look off on me. Too bad we're not physically near each other so we can raid each others collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love favorites posts. I'm really jelly of yours actually, I don't own any high end products because I'm too poor :'(. Those blushes look so beautiful. And that NYX lipstick is such a beautiful vampy shade!

    My current fav is the pony x memebox eyeshadow palette. I love that you can use the shades as a contour for the face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty bad with my money :( I decided to put myself on a no-buy until my birthday in february, but I have a lot of stuff coming from Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales. I really want to save up for a new phone since mine is acting up aannnnd I really don't need a million more products of the same shades.


    I saw that online! It looks so pretty. I'm also in awe of Pony and want to have her skills.

    ReplyDelete