Review & Swatches: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown


Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown is a tinted gel mousse for the brows and it has a "ball brush." It's supposed to give a even, natural, comfortable hold without clumping or flaking. 



I have a slight love / hate relationship with the brush. The ball fits the height of the front of my brows and so it works really well at that area. It's slightly harder to use it for the tail area because it's too big. I would've much rather had a regular type of brush to apply the product. 

Whenever I pull out the wand, there's a blob of product at the end and I just wipe it off on the opening of the tube. 


The actual product is a nice dark brown color that matches very well with my natural hair color. It is sheer in case you only want a tiny hint of color, but can be built up to be darker.


My brow hairs are long and so they don't stay in the shape I want the whole day. As you can see, the product is applied on the left side. It really helps hold my brows and make the hairs behave. I also didn't wear any other product on my brows for the above picture.

I would be careful on adding more product on top when it has dries. It sometimes makes the color clump up more in certain areas. 

I have worn this product with powder products and tinted pomades underneath and they worked really well together. Even with powders and tinted pomades, my long brow hairs go everywhere. The gel kept them in place all day and like their claims, it didn't flake. It took a bit more than water and soap to get it off and the product bunched up a bit, but some rubbing helped remove it completely. 

Final Thoughts: I do have a lot of dark brow hairs and they are long, but I do have sparse spots. I can use this product alone to slightly tint the sparse areas while giving my brows some definition and hold. I personally do like this product, but I'm not sure I can recommend it to those with light and very sparse brow hairs. I feel like it wouldn't pack enough punch to define those type of brow hairs.

Share

2 comments:

  1. I really love how this products makes your lashes look! I have a current colored gel mascara for brows but it's a black brown but mostly really black and I would prefer a dark brown shade like this! We don't have this in singapore but I would totally pick it up! Your brows look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks too! But that applicator gets so annoying. I really wanted to love everything about this so that I could convince myself not to get Benefit's Gimme Brow. It has a smaller applicator and looks perfect for grooming brows

    ReplyDelete