Review & Swatches: Life's Entropy Eyeshadow / Pigment in Elephantry, My Dear Watson


Life's Entropy Eyeshadow / Pigment in Elephantry, My Dear Watson is described as a "medium khaki brown with slight silver shift" and has a semi-matte finish. I believe that the description does fit what you see in reality. It can be used on the eyes, lips, and face. 
I was simultaneously disappointed and impressed with this product. I could blend it a lot easier than some of the other pigments I have from Life's Entropy (even without a primer), but the color was uneven. Again like I have mentioned before, it might be due to my lack of experience with loose pigments / indie shadows.


In the sample baggie, the color looks more warm but once swatched, it takes on a more amazing color. 

Base order - Nothing / Urban Decay Primer Potion / NYX Eyeshadow Base in White / LASplash Splashproof Sealer
For an fyi, I did pat the shadows onto the last two bases. The more sticky the base is, the more the silver starts to show. 


The eye swatch was done without any primer or base though and you can see how well it blends out. I tried to pat on more color onto the lid, but you can see how it looks a bit weird / discolored. 


The color was also applied on the outer half of the lower lashline. When my eyes are open, the uneven color isn't as obvious and even looks like a great neutral wash of color. 

Final thoughts: I can't quite make up my mind about this. There were some shades that I immediately thought, "oohhh, getting a full size of this eventually." For Elephantry, My Dear Watson, I like it but either my inexperience or the product itself isn't making it as nice as it could be. It is something I'm going to use up of though because I really do like how it (in general) looks. 


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment