Makeup Look: Hyuna's Red / A Talk Album Promotional Pictures Inspired Look


I really loved the look Hyuna (or Hyun Ah) had for her promotional pictures for "A Talk" / "Red." The look I recreated is from the pictures below. The eye look is something different from my normal looks, but still something I would wear. The edges are unblended with crisp edges. 

The color red is obviously involved, but there is a pinky nude lip in some of the photos too. In the music video for "Red," her lipstick was a very shiny bright red, but the promo pictures look deeper. I chose to do a brighter red, but the lighting made it look more orange toned than it actually is. 




I tried to do my hair similarly too, but my hair wasn't holding any curls for some reason. It's been too hot and humid that my hair just felt gross. I did have some nice waves going on though in which I used a 1 1/2 inch curling iron from Revlon to create.



Face
  • Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch 
  • Etude House Precious Mineral Magic Any Cushion SPF 34/ PA++ in Magic Mint (review here) only in a triangle shape under my eyes
  • Makeup Forever HD Foundation in #127 (review here)
  • theBalm Bahama Mama to slightly contour under the jaw line
Eyes
  • MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood used to create the shape and as a base. I applied more on the outer half of the lids to create a deeper color
  • NYX Nude on Nude Palette (review here) - Copper-y gold shade (third from the left shade on the bottom row) in the inner half of the lids
  • theBalm Eyeshadow in Sleek from the Nude 'Tude palette on the outer half of the lower lash line and to create the smokey wing 
  • L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black
  • Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #44 in the inner half of the lower lash line
Lips
  • Pinky lips - Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in Brun Créateur mixed in with a tiny bit of MAC Lipstick in Crosswires
  • Red lips - Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #21 (review here)
Here are some other pictures in which I am also posing awkwardly in. 


You can see the shade better in this picture. All the closeup eye shots I have are way too blurry and so I couldn't use those. 

How do you think I did?
PS - For those who has listened to the song or watched the music video - what did you think? I don't really like the song or the music video, but the rest of the mini - album is pretty good. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment