This or That: L'oreal Silky Sheer Face Lotion 50+ vs. Lancome Bienfait UV 50+


I've previously mentioned that I bought Lancome's Bienfait UV 50+ Sunscreen and I liked it enough to consider repurchasing. The high price point bothered me and so I was looking into other sunscreens and fortunately, my local Target had L'oreal's Silky Sheer Face Lotion 50+ Sunscreen on sale. 

I know that Lancome is under L'oreal, but I was expecting some difference in the two sunscreens. I haven't gone super in depth with the comparison, but they're pretty much the same thing. The packaging is exactly the same size with the same opening design. It's like they just changed the colors and sold the products under the different brands. 




You can click to enlarge the images, but you can see that even the percentages of their active ingredients is the same. 



They're both very liquid-y and are thin enough to go under makeup. 

Even though both of them claim to not make the face greasy, I do feel like my face is kind of slippery and oily when I put both of them on. The L'oreal one seems to sink in a bit faster though. 

The recommended amount is 1/4th of a teaspoon for the face and neck and I try to do that. It's not thick and heavy like Neutrogena's Dry Touch Sunscreen. I recommend putting on thin layers and giving it some time to sink in before putting on makeup. It gives more slip to my makeup and so my foundation fades faster if I don't wait enough. If you can't wait, I also recommend using the "Wayne Goss Method" of putting a thin layer of powder on and then foundation. It soaks up some of the oily-ness and keeps the foundation on longer. 

Final thoughts: You really don't need to splurge and get the Lancome one. They're pretty much the same sunscreen under different brands. I'm almost kind of upset that I spent so much on the Lancome bottle, but at least I know and have tried both now. 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment