Review & Swatches: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Single in Pink Wink


 Maybelline's Expert Wear Eyeshadow Single in Pink Wink is a a rose gold eyeshadow that leans more pink. It has gold shimmer shift and the glitters can sometimes be chunky. The more you pack it on, the more pink it looks. Pink Wink contains 0.09 oz / 2.6 grams of product and retails for around $3 depending on the location you're buying it from. 

I was out shopping with my friend and right when I saw this shade, I immediately snatched it up. It's different from my other rose gold shades because of the stronger pink tones. 

The application isn't that great compared to my other eyeshadow products though. There is a lot of fall out from the gold glitters and shimmers. To avoid this problem, I usually use my fingers to apply this product or a flat brush. The included applicator also works. A fluffy brush can be used to blend out the edges, but I would use something to protect the face/foundation from the fall out. 

I prefer to use this on top of a sticky base, but you can wear it without primer. The sticky base I used made the shade look more metallic and I loved the way it looked. It's a bit more finicky if I just use Urban Decay's Primer Potion or by itself. The wear time is on par with the higher end shades I have. I usually don't have a problem with creasing or fading though. 

Final Thoughts: The color is beautiful and is a great addition to any rose gold collection, but I'm not a fan of the formulation. The price is very wallet budget friendly and since it has a duochrome quality to it, it's wonderful for creating a one product eye look. I probably wouldn't buy this again if I were to do it all over again though. I don't hate it and would still recommend others to try out this shade, but it wouldn't be the first rose gold shade that would come to mind. 




Swatched L to R- 
Alone 
On top of LASplash's Splashproof Sealer 
On top of NYX's White Eyeshadow Base 
On top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment