Review & Swatches: Life's Entropy Eyeshadow / Pigment in Just Kitten


Life's Entropy Eyeshadow in Just Kitten is a "medium pink-mauve with strong gold shift" with shimmer and how it looks like can depend on what the base is. All of Life's Entropy's full sized shadows are loose and they contain 2.0 grams / 0.07 ounces of product and retails for $6.00. There is not sifter and so be careful with opening and using the product. Just Kitten is part of their Animal Sanctuary collection. 
I chose this shade as my full sized choice because I've really been loving rose / mauve shadows and this looked something that would fit in with my collection while being a bit more unique. The shimmer is very fine but you can still see it on the lids.


The packaging is a plastic container that does not have a sifter. It makes me nervous because I'm very clumsy, but it makes it easier to take out more or less products with my fingers. 



The above two pictures are swatches with and without bases. The top is with my Ott Lite and the bottom is in direct sunlight. It goes from no base (bare), Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Eyeshadow Base in White, and LASplash Splashproof Sealer. When applied bare, you can see the shimmer along with the base colors. On top of UD Primer Potion, it seems to mattify it a bit more. I have another picture below to show it applies on this primer. The third base is NYX Eyeshadow Base in White and I find that this base tends to just show the base color with every shadow I use on top. The last swtch with LASplash's base shows the gold shift the most. My perferred method involves the UD Primer Potion, but not in the way you think. 


I find that this shadow applies the best when a little bit of eyeshadow is mixed in with the primer to create a cream base. It really gives me the most even base and the shadows then apply a lot better. In the above picture, I used the primer + shadow method as a base and used a fluffier base to add the shadow again on top. Without the extra shadow, the base color actually reminds me of Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Nooner and Givenchy's Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle. They all have the same mauve/rose undertone. 

Patting on the shadow also makes it more pigmented. 


Surprisingly, I had trouble applying the shadow with the LASplash base. It did pick up the gold shift a lot more, but it made it patchy. I mostly applied it in the center and then tried to blend out the shadow to make it look cohesive, but it didn't work. I didn't add the LASplash base on other parts of my eye and so you can see the gold a bit better when the shadow is layered on more though. 


Applying the shadow on top of UD's primer with a fluffy made it lose some of the gold shift for some reason. The gold is mostly seen near the edge and that's where I didn't put the primer. When I pat it on, there's more of the gold shimmer but it's not as even as compared to other methods. I have tried the patting technique with another shadow and it's more even on that one. 

Final Thoughts: My thoughts involve excitement and also disappointment. I haven't worked a lot with Indie shadows except for Geek Chic's, but I'm much more accustomed to pressed shadows. The color is absolutely beautiful, but it was hard for me to work with it. It's probably my lack of experience though. I have tried another shadow and the primer + shadow mixture also worked great on that one. If you're unsure about ordering this, I say get the sample to test out the best method but I really do recommend this color. It's a nice twist on the normal neutrals. 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment