July 2014 Favorites!


My first favorites blog post! So exciting, but kind of filled with basic boringish products. I've been trying to use up a lot of my makeup products before I move. During my hiatus, I didn't really experiment that much besides from the products I was trying out but I found myself consistently using these products and fell in love with them all over again.


I'll start with the swatched products!

L to R -

Benefit High Beam (unblended and blended) is a liquid pinky highlight. A lot of people love Watt's Up, but I really like how multipurpose High Beam is. I've been mixing it in with my foundation and / or just putting on the high points of my cheeks. It's super quick to use and not too shimmery. 

theBalm Bahama Mama is also something super quick to use. I've talked about this in my Battle of the Bronzers post here, but I really started loving it more than my other bronzers recently. I use it with my Sonia Kashuk Duo Fiber Multipurpose Brush from the Make A Face Brush Kit (Limited Edition) to contour and then I just sweep it on my hairline to bring more color into my face.

theBalm Sultry Eyeshadow is a matte neutral brown eyeshadow from the Nude 'Tude palette. This is representing the neutral brown colors in my collection. I've been adding this color into my crease and even combining it with my more shimmery colors to add dimension into my eyes. It's a really basic color and pretty much in every neutral palette.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero is also representing black eyeliner in general. I have so much eyeliner, but I don't wear them anymore. I've been trying to incorporate them back into my routine to use them up and this pencil works really well to tightline my eyes. My lash line looks so much fuller and I haven't had a problem with it smearing or transfering.

I didn't do swatches of the NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation in #2 or the Makeup Forever HD Foundation in #127 but I have reviews on them here and here respectively. I wanted to save the MUFE Foundation for special events, but I decided to use it up since it's running out anyway. The pump is broken too and so I've just been screwing off the cup and taking out the product directly from the bottle. You can also see how much I've been loving the NYX Foundation. The review of it went up on thursday, but I've had it for a longer period of time. I use it everyday either by itself or on top of my foundation and so I do use it quite quickly. 

What products have you been loving this month? Hopefully I'll have more exciting products to write about next month (:


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment