August 2014 Favorites!


August has been a busy month for me. My class is starting to end soon and it has a lot more work than I expected, but it's been so much fun. Because I've been so busy, I started to gravitate to more quick products to use in the morning so I can just rush out the door. This month, I had a mix of old(ish) favorites and new favorites!


I'll go from top to bottom on my arm and then the Clarins product!

Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #28 - I was supposed to write up a post about this, but most of my pictures either include #21 (glossy red shade) or the white balance is way off. #21 is more for the lips and/or cheeks and my lips are in a bad condition right now so I haven't been able to use that shade. #28 is a pink shade with silver glitter. I thought the glitter would be chunky and even be scratchy, but it's so creamy and smooth! I even use it on my waterline and it doesn't irritate it at all. It is a bit tacky for a few minutes if I use it all over my lids and creases if you put on too much, but a few quick swipes is all you need and then you're done! I haven mostly been using it on my lower lashline and surprisingly, it brightens up my eyes instead of making them look tired like how some other pinky shades do. 

Life's Entropy Particle Contour Stick in Neutron - You can read my full review on this product here, but the short review is that it's amazing and you need it. Well, you might not neeeed it, but I think it's great. I blend it out using my fingers and set it with a tiny bit of powder. It's the perfect shade with just the right amount of grey to create a natural looking shadow. It can be built up or even sheered out to fit your skin color. I'm about an NC35 / MUFE HD Foundation 127 / Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick 220 for reference. It's not going to work for those who have very dark skin, but it will fit a large range of people. 

Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Brown(Out) - The full review on this product is here. Brown(Out) also has some glitter particles and it's also creamy and easy to use. It stays in place all day long and can be used as a cream eye shadow too. I've been using this to give myself a quick and easy subtle brown smokey eyed look. It doesn't need a primer either and so this with some brows and mascara makes a very fast eye look. 

Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick in #220 Natural Beige - I bought this because of Kate of Gh0stparties. She talked about how it was great to use as a concealer along with being a foundation. I love the consistency of this. I make some stripes across my cheeks and I just use my hands to blend it into my skin. The color is a bit more beige and a tad lighter than my skin tone, but it still works. I just add a bit of bronzer or face powder that's a bit darker / yellower and I'm good to go! It's buildable, but I can't get full coverage out of it. I don't use this as a concealer though since my acne marks are too dark right now. 

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - I actually got this in a deluxe samples bag from Sephora 1-2 years ago but I didn't really see any difference. I thought primers weren't necessary and so I just tucked it away. Since I was trying to use up all of my things, I pulled it out to finish it. By now, I've tried different primers and so when I used this product again, I finally realized why it was so raved about. It "fills in" my pores and gives my face a more smooth appearance (hence the name). It's thicker than other primers I have tried but I just need a tiny dab to put on my t-zone and cheek areas. I focus it more on my cheeks since my pores are quite noticeable. It's way better than Benefit's Porefessional and Maybelline's Baby Skin. I'm almost scared to finish this tiny pot now that I've realized how great it is. 



CK One Color Mascara in True Black -  I got this mascara for free on my birthday from Ulta. It has a twistable section on the handle to create two kind of applicators. The top of the two pictures creates more volume while the bottom separates the lashes. I mostly keep it twisted because it just deposits the products so nicely to create thicker and fuller lashes. The straight wand isn't bad and it does take out any clumps the twisted wand gives me. I feel like the formula is just okay and it doesn't hold my curl, but the wand is something special. I really like layering this mascara with the one I'm going to talk about next!

Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum - My full review of this is here. I previously mentioned that I wanted to save this for special occasions, but I really haven't been doing anything special and I don't have anything special in the near future. I don't want it to go bad and waste $28.50 dollars, and so I've been using it a lot more. The plastic wand helps separate my lashes and the formula boosts any mascara that I put on. The twisted wand of the CK One Color Mascara plus the Dior Diorshow Lash Plumping Serum gives me such amazing volume without being clumpy or spidery. 

Whew! That's a lot of text. Now that I've written out my favorites, tell me some of yours in the comment section below! I love hearing about great products!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment