Review & Swatches: L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black


L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black is the newest mascara by L'oreal. It's supposed to give "The Manga Look" - amplified lashes for the wide eye-look. Think fluttery and thick lashes like manga characters. L'oreal boasts that this product will be clump, flake, and smudge free with 12x the volume from the 360 degrees flexor brush.

I'm actually quite impressed with the formula. From the pictures below, you can see that my lashes did look thicker and my eyes looked more open. The first coat was pretty standard, but the second coat really impressed me. 

Even though I love how the mascara looks, I hate the flexible wand because it's too flimsy. I like to wiggle mascara wands to the base and then go to the end of my lashes, but the wand wasn't stiff enough to do it easily. The bristles are uneven and so when I do go to the base of my lashes, the product can slightly go onto the skin around my lashes. The transfer isn't a deal breaker, but it's worth mentioning. The tapered end of the wand helps with shorter lashes, but there's also a lot of product at the end and so it can sometimes deposit too much onto the lashes. 

I did see some clumping, but it wasn't that bad. It was flake and smudge free like L'oreal claims and it easily came off when I used my cleansing oil. I rubbed water onto my lashes and it did not budge. 

Final Thoughts: I really like the formula and how it made my lashes look, but I won't be repurchasing again because of the brush and wand. It's just a personal preference, but I would still recommend this mascara to other people. I couldn't stop looking at my lashes all day when I wore this and so I'll be trying out the other mascaras in the Voluminous line to see if they'll give me the same results with a different wand. 







Bare Lashes

Curled Lashes

First coat on bottom and top lashes

Second coat on bottom and top lashes

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment