Review & Swatches: Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in #3 Rose Dentelle


Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Dentelle is described as an "old pink" that is supposed to be creamy, waterproof, and long-lasting for 16 hours. It has a cream to powder formula with a soft texture. Instead of old pink, I would say that it's a nude rose color and it is completely matte. There is 4 grams / .14 ounces of product and retails for $23.00

In my Makeup Lust List, I said that I've been wanting this and I finally got it! It was the last one in stock at the Sephora I went to and I knew it had to be mine. The Sales Associate that I spoke to told me that these cream shadows are popular in the store because the range is matte except for the "satin top coat."

It has an interesting texture. I've tried cream shadows from Neutrogena, Maybelline, MAC, and Benefit and this is the most unique because it is matte. It's soft and powdery, but creamy and smooth at the same time. I don't mean powdery like eyeshadow fall out powdery, though. The packaging is similar to Maybelline's packaging, but it's more lightweight. It is made out of plastic though. 

It goes on smooth, but I like to pat on the product to get the fullest intensity. You can sheer it out a bit, but I like how it looks more built up. I tend to use this as a base instead of just a shade by itself. It also doesn't mattifying shades like how a sticky base (NYX White Eyeshadow Base) can sometimes do. I mostly bought this to pair up with Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette and it's the most perfect combo. I still use the LASplash Eyeshadow Sealer with the more glittery shades, but I really don't need anything else for the other shades. 

Speaking of the Naked 3 Palette, Limit and Nooner from that palette are very close to this cream shadow. Rose Dentelle is somewhere in the middle of those shades, but closer to Nooner. It's not as dark, but it's a pretty close dupe if you're interested in another formulation of that shade. 

I find that the inner corner would fade a bit more after 6 hours, but it's mostly because I tend to touch the inner corner of my eyes a lot. It doesn't last 16 hours like Givenchy claims, but I've tried it with and without a primer and it still lasts for at least 12 hours. 

Final Thoughts: I'm really impressed with this product and it's such a unique color compared to other cream shadows / bases. I've used it almost every day since I've gotten it and it just complements my neutral shadows so well. I highly recommend this product and especially this shade if you have the Naked 3. 







By itself

Urban Decay's Liar in the inner half and Factory in the outer half on top of Rose Dentelle


Share

2 comments:

  1. The cream eyeshadow really does enhance what you lay on top of it! Gorgeous pairings.

    Izzique | For beauty, DIY, and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really surprised that it didn't mattify the things I placed on top of it.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I was actually on your blog yesterday and love it! I'll be following on Bloglovin' to keep up to date on your future posts (:

    ReplyDelete