Review & Swatches: Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Buttercream


Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Buttercream is described as a "pearly french vanilla." I bought this recently to use with my other Jouer Eyeshadow (review and packaging info here). I wanted to get a flattering highlight color that could be used on my face and eyes. Instead of a pearly french vanilla, I would say that it's a shimmery cream color.

It's more powdery than Chocolat, but it's also softer. You can use brushes or even your fingers to apply it. I use a fluffy, but small brush when I use it as a cheek highlight. Using a more dense brush makes it seem almost too glittery. It also leans too frosty when used as a brow highlight, but makes a great inner corner highlight. The cream color is just right for my medium skin tone without look too stark like how white can look. It blends nicely into the skin without look powdery, too. 

The texture and the finish reminds me of theBalm's Mary Lou-Manizer, except that one is more yellow. So if you're looking for an alternative to that highlighter, I recommending checking out Jouer's Buttercream. 

Final Thoughts: I'm really satisfied with this shadow. I'm planning on only bringing 2-3 shadows and this product works so well as an eyeshadow and highlighter. It's sheer enough to use as a face highlighter and pigmented enough for the eyes. The cream color is very flattering, too. 




Used as a brow and inner corner highlight

Before cheek highlight

After cheek highlight




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment