Review and Swatches: LASplash Cosmetics Splashproof Sealer


Along with the Ciaté Paint Pot in Skinny Dip, I also got LASplash Cosmetics Splashproof Sealer in my Glossybox. I thought it was going to be gimmicky, but it's amazing with pigments and loose shadows. LASplash claims that it'll intensify colors for at least 12 hours of wear without smudges and smears. 

The key to using this is to not use too much. LASplash recommends using only what is on the doe foot applicator for the whole eye. I don't want color from my eyeshadow products to transfer into this product and so I would dab a bit of the Sealer onto my finger and tap it into my eyelid. Make sure to apply the secondary product onto the base before it dries. It will stay tacky for it a bit though and so there's some time. 

It's hard to blend shadows into this product because anything on top will be super pigmented with sharp edges. I would apply it a bit lower than where I want the color to end and wait for that part to set. Then I would use the shadow dry to blend the edges out. 

The part I find the best about this product is that the glitters and shimmers in certain products really show up. With NYX's White Eyeshadow Base, the colors became more matte. It's sticky and so the shadows do cling on, but it's not something I want when using more dimensional products. 

In the arm swatch below, I rubbed my arm to remove the product and the one with the Sealer stayed put. Of course it wasn't perfect, but the majority of it was still intact. I haven't worn this for 12 hours, but it did last the whole day without anything else underneath. For most of the swatches, I used Geek Chic Cosmetics' Eyeshadow in We Are Coming and there was some fall out, but it wasn't as much compared to mixing it with water, a sticky base, or primer. 

Final Thoughts: If you use a lot of loose shadows / pigments or products that look like they need an extra boost, definitely check out this product. The secondary product you use will just grab and stick onto the lid and look as beautiful as it should be. It retails for about $9 on the LASplash website and $7 on the Makeupgeek Website and it'll last for a long time since you'll only need a dot for each eye. 



Shadow by itself / Shadow with the LASplash Splashproof Sealer / Shadow with NYX White Eyeshadow Base

Shadow with the LASplash Splashproof Sealer / Shadow with NYX White Eyeshadow Base

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment