My "No-makeup" Makeup Look!


I've been going on some interviews lately to try to find a summer job and this is the look I've been wearing. The interviews have been pretty laid back and so I've been going for a polished, but minimal look. I mainly focused on my complexion and only slightly defined the eyes. 


As you can see, I have a lot of acne marks. I want to be honest here and say that I did edit out a pretty bad one on my cheek. I don't like to edit my photographs besides for color correcting, but it was pretty bad one. I used the "Wayne Goss" method of using powder before foundation and I find that it really does help the foundation go on better. The Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder because it leaves my skin feeling so smooth. The foundation I used was Makeup Forever's HD Foundation in #127 Dark Sand (review here) and ELF's MXimum Coverage Concealer in Beige (review here). The brush that I used was a synthetic flat top from Sonia Kashuk (that I will be talking about soon in another post) and it really helped buff the foundation in. Since it was flat, I also used it to stipple / push the concealer into my skin for the most amount of coverage. 

I'm still in my early 20's, but some people have told me that I look younger and even too young for some jobs. I wanted to look more mature and more angular so I contoured using theBalm's Bahama Mama Bronzer. I sometimes use MAC's Sculpting Powder in Sculpt too because Bahama Mama can be too dark. I put Mally's Evercolor Poreless Face Defender (review here) on after contouring to set everything so that I wouldn't look too matte. I highlighted using NARS Blush in Albatross on my cheek bones to make them stand out more. 

The eyes were pretty simple. It was mostly just making the lashes look voluminous so that my eyes would look more awake. I used Maybelline's Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (review here) on the top lashes along with Dior's Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum (review here). For the lower lashes, I used the lower lash wand from Maybelline's the Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara (review here). I put a very thin line on my upper lash line and also a really small wing using Revlon's Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black. I don't like this liner that much, but I wanted to use it up. The brows were slightly defined using Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown

The lips were kept really neutral with a "My Lips But Better" shade from Makeup Forever which was N9 from the Rouge Artist Natural range. I have a deluxe sample size from Sephora's Birthday Gift, but I actually bought the full size about a year and a half ago and returned it. It is a beautiful color, but I wanted a non-nude color. 

What are your "no-makeup" makeup products?


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment