Makeup Look: Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland) Inspired


If you don't follow me on my tumblr, I mentioned that I entered a contest hosted by Geek Chic Cosmetics on their Facebook page. I chose to do a look based off of the Cheshire Cat from the animated version of Alice in Wonderland. I loved the purple-y tones and I tried to incorporate that into my look. I actually included a crazy amount of blush on my cheeks and blended up towards my forehead, but the color was washed out. I also added a lot of a metallic maroon shadow all over my brow bone and above my brow, but that was also washed out. 

The whole look isn't super wearable, but I do love how the eyes turned out. It's something that I would wear out, but without the light blue inner corner highlight. I would probably change it with a more neutral and matte highlight to balance the overall shimmery look. 

If you like this look, I would really appreciate it if you could click this link and vote for me. My entry is labeled "Hao, inspired by Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland). The contest ends on June 23, 2014.

And now I'll list the products and include the other pictures!



Face
  • Smashbox Photo finish foundation primer color correct adjust (green)
  • Benefit the Porefessional
  • Makeup Forever HD Foundation in #127
  • theBalm Blush in Cabana Boy
  • Lanmei Pigment in #031 and Geek Chic Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Don’t Blink for highlight
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Riot on the nose
Eyes
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • LASplash Splashproof sealer
  • CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pot Eyeshadow in Blazing Purple
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Bad Wolf and Sexy in Suspenders
  • theBalm Eyeshadow in Matt Batali and Sultry
  • The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Eyes Eye Shadow in PP404
  • MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black
  • Maybelline Volum’ Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Duo Clear Lash Glue
  • Oh My, Lash! Chelsea lashes cut in half
Lips
  • Geek Chic Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Bad Wolf
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Riot and Rockstar 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment