Review & Swatches: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso


Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso is a true red matte lipstick. The claims include being full coverage with intense moisture that won't transfer or bleed. Stila also claims that this lipstick will stay in place for at least 6 hours of continuous wear. The full size product includes 0.10 ounces of product, but I have a mini size that was included in a holiday set. There's a slight warm vanilla scent that is very similar to MAC Lipsticks.


The pigmentation is amazing. It's so pigmented that it's very easy to mess up and go over the lip lines. You can see in the lip swatch pictures that the cupid's bow area is uneven. My hands get unsteady in the areas where I have to be very precise and so to avoid application errors, I usually line my lips with a red lip liner. 

The only (very minor) downside of this product is that it wasn't transfer proof. I noticed some traces of the product on the things that my lips touched (like cups and utensils) but it wasn't that bad. When I looked at my lips afterwards, they still looked perfect. 

I have worn this product for around 5 hours and it did look amazing even till the end. I only took it off because I was going to have a big dinner and didn't want to worry about how it looked. Unlike what Stila claims, it didn't have intense moisture. There was a slight uncomfortable dry feeling around 3 hours and my lip lines were more obvious. During the 5 hour test, I didn't add anything else on top but on the other days, I would put a little bit of red tinted lip balm to help with the dryness. 

Besides the dryness, it did feel light on my lips. It dried down to a matte finish and so there wasn't any weird tackiness or stickiness. I've tried some long wear lip products and they've felt really weird on my lips. 

The applicator is more flat than a normal doe foot applicator. Even though I have the mini size, I have compared it to the full size products in stores and with pictures online and they seem like they are the same. 

Final Thoughts: This lipstick is one of my favorites in my collection right now. It's not as fussy like some other lipsticks and it's so pigmented that it'll last for a really long time. I want to use up some more lip products before I buy any more, but I'm really eyeing Patina (a dusty rose color) from the same line. I highly recommend Beso to anyone that wants a low maintenance red lipstick. 






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment