Review & Swatches: Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black


Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black claims to give "explosive, beautiful lashes." It has a big plastic applicator that slightly tapers at the end. 

The Rocket Mascara has replaced LashBlast Volume as my favorite mascara! It gives me a cleaner yet still voluminous look. The added length is also very nice. I can build up the product too without it getting clumpy. I don't know why, but it also doesn't leave marks on my lids during application. 
The Rocket is more wet compared to other waterproof mascaras I have tried, but it still works well with my stubborn lashes. My curl stayed in put all day and it also helps me layer other mascaras on top if I want EXTRA volume. I have a lot of mascara samples right now, but they're not waterproof so they immediately leave my lashes limp. The Rocket makes such a great base. 

The mascara didn't smudge or transfer and still looked great at the end of the day. I've been using it for the past few weeks and it still works wonderfully. I use a cleansing oil to remove the mascara and so I haven't had any troubles removing any traces of it. 

Final Thoughts: This mascara gives clean, yet voluminous and long lashes without the fuss. I highly recommend this mascara to anyone that has stubborn straight lashes. Since it's a drugstore mascara, it's not that expensive and there are always deals to get it for even less. 


Curled Lashes / Uncurled Lashes

One coat on top and bottom lashes / Curled Lashes

One coat applied to both eyes on top and bottom lashes

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment