Review & Swatches: MAC Lipstick in Plumful


MAC Lipstick in Plumful is describe as a "blossoming rose-plum" and has a lustre finish. Plumful is more pigmented than some other lustre lipsticks I've tried, but the shine is still there. It's a more wearable alternative to purples because of the rose-y undertones. The signature vanilla scent is also present in this lipstick.
One of my good friends got this for me during a Christmas Secret Santa exchange. I've been lusting after this lipstick for about a year, but never brought myself to get it.

I was going to review this earlier, but I didn't really love it yet. It kept looking off on me and I didn't know why. I kept connecting plum and being cool tone because of the purple and so I kept on pairing up this lipstick with more cool toned eyeshadow. After actually giving it a good look, I belatedly realized that it was a more warm berry color. 

I mentioned above that the pigmentation was surprising because it is more pigmented than other Lustres that I've tried. One or two swipes and I'm good to go! There's no shimmer or sparkle, which I prefer. The staying power is about 3-4 hours by itself, like other MAC Lustre lipsticks. The edges of my lips lasted longer than the inside (if that makes sense) because of talking and eating, but a lip liner helped with the fading. 

Final Thoughts: I'm so happy that this is finally in my collection. It took me awhile to get used to it, but it really is unique compared to my collection of reds and oranges. I really recommend this to anyone who wants to start using purple lipsticks, but are afraid to do so. 






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment