Review & Swatches: Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum


Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum contains 10 mL / 0.33 fl. oz. and retails for $28.50. Dior claims that this lash serum can be applied day and night to be more resilient, protected, and revitalized. It is an all in one product to not only make the lashes look great after application, but also with long time use. 

The wand has rows of plastic bristles that slightly twist along the length of the brush. 

Even though it has a thin formula, it does cling onto the lashes. When I first started using it, it went on more clear than white. In the picture below, I added a bit more than usual and then took a picture right away. Soon after that, it dried clear and so there wasn't a need to really work in the mascara to cover it up. 

The added length wasn't as obvious as the volume. It did fatten up the appearance of my lashes and Dior says that there are Hyluaronic Spheres to plump up the natural lashes. 

I've used this since February, but I can't test the claims of better natural lashes because it was too expensive to use every day for day and night use. I wore it for more special events and also for those low maintenance days where I really just want to look awake and put together aka no-makeup makeup looks. Two really opposite situations, but they make sense in my head!

Like with the Lancome Cils Booster Super Enhancing XL Mascara Base, I can't use it as the initial lash product since it will uncurl them. I sandwich it between mascaras and in the swatches below, I used Maybelline's Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. 

Final thoughts: I like this product because it adds so many good properties to my lashes. Waterproof mascara can make the lashes more dry and fragile and so it's nice to have something that nourishes my lashes while making them look better. For the price, I wouldn't say that this is a must have item though. If you have shorter and more fragile lashes, I think it'll be a great investment. If you have average or good lashes, maybe just add more mascara and use a lash comb to get rid of clumps. 

Availability: Sephora, Nordstrom, Amazon, Macy's, Dior 






Have you tried lash primers? What are your favorite mascaras?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment