Palette Praise: NYX Nude on Nude


One of my close friends got me the NYX Nude on Nude Palette a year ago and it's definitely a good nude palette for beginners and the more advanced. There are 20 eyeshadows and 10 lip colors. The eyeshadow formulas include mattes, metallics, satin, and shimmers. There are double ended tools to use with the shadows and lip products on the bottom layer and there's a wide mirror on the lid. 

The lip colors are lipsticks and lip glosses, but I tend to not use them. I don't like potted versions of lip products so I just tend to ignore them. They are good for mixing though with the included lip brushes to create a custom color to match any eye look you create with the shadows. 
The metallics are definitely the stars of this palette. In the swatches below, you can see that even without the white base, the metallics are still pigmented. There's a great mix of neutral colors that are cool and warm toned.

One of the colors I have used the most is the metallic rose gold color. It's fourth from the left on the top row and there's a pretty good dent. I either pair it with a matte warm brown or the the third color from the right on the bottom row. It has a similar finish and tone and so it just matches really well.

The mattes are disappointing, but they can still be used. Since they're lighter colors, they don't really show up that well. They can still be packed on to show up more though. I sometimes even use the matte light yellow to color correct and set concealer underneath my eyes. 

There's a matte taupe that's 6th from the left on the top row that can be used for contouring on the nose and eyes. 

The black is kind of weird to me. There's micro shimmers, but it doesn't really translate on the skin and it's not that pigmented. It is good for black shadow beginners though, which works great for me. I don't wear a lot of really smokey looks, and this really helps me darken up a look without going too far. 

Final Thoughts: I would highly recommend this to anyone that wants to try the Urban Decay's Naked 1, 2 and/or 3 palettes. There are shades that are similar shades to those three palettes and there's more variation considering it's only one palette. The quality is not as consistent as Urban Decay's eye shadows, but they're still very good. 

Where to buy: Amazon, NYX Website

Have you tried this palette and what are your favorite NYX products?


Row 1

Row 2

Lip Swatches done with my finger

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment