FOTD & OOTD- May 13, 2014 // Back to Basics


These pictures were taken after all of my classes, but at least you can see how my makeup held up! I used to wear red lips and winged liner every day until it became my signature look that everyone identified me with. I've started adding some more simple touches to have a complete look. There's a touch of eye shadow, defined brows, and contour. I did set with a powder, but as you can see, my skin has that dewy look. My acne scars are slowly getting better and as much as they still make me sad, I am feeling more comfortable having pictures of my face like this online. 

For my outfit, I layered 2 tank tops with black shorts. My high school friend recently created a clothing line with her boyfriend called Gravity LA and that's where I got the white top. It's super soft and a bit flowy. It's a crop top, but it hits about an inch or two over the top of my shorts - which is the perfect length for me. A lot of tops are too long and so my proportions always look off. The arm holes are pretty big/low and that's why I paired it with a black cami underneath. It would also look really cute with a bandeau. Both the cami and shorts are from Forever 21. My shoes aren't shown, but they're maroon ballet flats that I got from Target to match with my lips. The Picture on the right was edited a bit to brighten up the colors. My skin looks more tan than it is in the outfit picture,

The weather was super hot today and so I just wanted something laid back while also looking made up. My style is pretty simple and so I like to include simple graphics and even statement lips to add something into my look. The only jewelry I normally wear are rings and I am wearing one in this outfit. It has 3 interlocking silver rings and I bought it from a Vendor Fair at my school. 




Products Used -
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Color Correcting Adjust (Green)
  • Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonia Clay Finishing Powder (underneath the CC Cream)
  • It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream SPF 50+ (review here)
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
  • theBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Wet 'n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette (rose gold shade)
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen to line the lids & Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (review here) for the wing
  • Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Pluming Serum (review here)
  • NYX Charcoal Brown for brows
  • Stila Long Wear Lip Liner in Passionate
  • MAC Viva Glam I Lipstick (review here)

- Gravity LA isn't sponsoring me or anything to mention it. They're really nice and good people and I wanted to give a shout out to them and their brand. 
- The Wet 'n' Wild Palette and MAC Lipstick were given to me as gifts

What are your FOTD and OOTD?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment